It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
(female)

cjw9558 HB User
Bilateral Mastoiditis

Im really confused and hoping someone can help. I had a MRI of the brain and neck done last Thursday and the results came back not good. One thing that struck me odd is that the brain reflected a bilateral mastoiditis. Doctor didnt call to give me results but rather had the nurse call to let me know the doctor was referring me to neuro. She had not even addressed the mastoiditis. When I asked about it the nurse didnt act concerned at all and told me google it. What I find on the internet doesnt look good. For many years I have been repeatedly to doctors complaining about a number of problems, some that now look could be related. How long can a person have the mastoiditis. For three years I have repeatedly went with swollen bumps on the back of my head. I was told at first they were lymph nodes and seen a endo doctor and he said they were fatty tumors. He also stated that there are no lymph nodes where the lumps are. They are always there and when they swell they are excrutiating. I was seen over 1 1/2 years ago at Ft Benning in the ER when they were swollen adn the doctors (5) didnt even have to move my hair to see them cause they were so large. Sometimes they will stay for weeks, sometimes a little less. Not only do I deal with this, my ear(s) will feel clogged with no apparent pain now, sometimes for days, sometimes for months or weeks. The left has now been clogged for a week and I am wondering if this all leads back to mastoiditis. I had blood work done 2 weeks ago and found out that I have hypothyroidism. The work also reflected an elevated white count which the doctor related to the fact that last year I had an elevated count so mine must just run a little high. I am now in so much pain from the two protruding discs that are touching my spinal cord that was reflected on teh neck MRI last year and have to deal with the worry of the mastoiditis. I fear the worse of course, but am very upset that the doctor doesnt seem to care about the fact this could be a serious thing and didnt even address the issue. Should I be scared. I have so many things going on and the overwhelming affect of all of it is taking a toll on me. I know that I cant get immediate answers but the wait is killing me knowing how severe the infection can get. Has anyone had similiar symptoms or been diagnosed with mastoiditis? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread