It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

TMJEFF HB User
Is This An Allergie??

Hi

My story starts in the middle of May this year. I started getting headaches on a daily basis, then began to get head pressure, nose pressure and tightness in my face.

I had a CT scan done on my head and it was clear for brain tumors and anything wrong with my brain.

I was diagnosed with TMJ this summer and have a neuromuscular splint in 24/7 which has helped with my headaches a great deal.

The pressure in my nose however has come and gone for the last six months I also have neck pain, foggy head, i wake up in the morning with green and dry bloody mucus in my nose, and have a post nasal drip. I also have this wierd tingking on the bridge of my nose and eyebrows and dark bags under my eyes that i never had befor.

Is this an allergie to something like dust mites?? It is really a horrible feeling and would love to know what people think.

I am just wondering if this is an allergie,

Old 10-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Is This An Allergie??

Definitely sounds like it. Try saline spray or rinse twice a day and take an antihistamine like zyrtec or claritin to see if that helps. If not, then you might see an allergist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
(male)

TMJEFF HB User

Hi Titchou,

Thank you for your reply, just another quick question.

Can all these symptoms be from Allergies and are they common??

-Headaches
-Head Pressure
-Sinus Pressure
-Tingling on bridge of nose
-foggy head
-sore neck
-bags under my eyes
-in the morning greenish bloody mucus in nose

Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Aside from sore neck, those are all classic allergy symptoms. Try some OTC allergy medicines and see what happens.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Jimmycolleen HB User

Hi,

Headaches and nasal congestion are a sign of allergy. Try inhaling steam to ease your nasal congestion. If the headache still persists, then it could be an allergy. You should get it checked by a doctor in that case.

Thanks,
Jimmy

Closed Thread