It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
(male)

amalik91 HB User
What do i have?

hey whatsup everyone this is going to be my first post so i hope i posted this in the right place. So apparently i had some wierd moment happen yesterday heres my story: I woke up around 6 30 pm then walked out to get water so i can take my prozac and around 6 45 i was staring at the cieling cos i was still a little sleepy and then my vision seemed to be a little wierd like it was shifting or something so i leave the room to walk around the house a bit then i have the urge to go the bathroom to do #1 and while i was doing it my chest was feeling wierd it was like a mint, chill, cold, numb feeling. and i ignored it for a second but it got worse it moved to my whole chest and both my arms. so i stopped suddenly and walked out and then as i got to the living room i sorta collapsed to the ground, but i did not faint or blackout, i still had my vision although it was fluxuating a bit and wierd vision. and i was it total confusion i could barely think at all and my brother was helping me out and i kept asking questions like i don't know whats happening or anything and then my brother told me i looked very pale and when i touched some object it woulld have a wierd feeling to it and this whole "moment" occured for 10 minutes and i went to the bed to lie down and the feelings started to fade and then i felt completely normal.

So i decided to call the doctor and they told me to make an appointment in the morning. but my dad said better goto the ER just incase. so i did and i went through some tests with blood and urine and checking my heart rate. and after a minute getting my blood taken they put me on an IV? or something to give me fluids and my arm was stinging (possibly because the tube or needle) and then the symptoms came back and i had the cold mint feeling and uncontrollable sweating and sort of confusion and apparently my heart dropped alot and then i came back to normal within 3 minutes perhaps. and for awhile being there they told me that my blood count was good and everything seemed okay and not to take anymore protein supplements since i started to take it to gain some weight gain back ever since i was diagnosed with a panic disorder. But after that they said that i have a "reactive heart" i guess they said it reacted to changes and stuff especially when i get nervous. i didn't completely understand it, but i guess i was fine to go home. Now here i am wondering what is it i have? is it anxiety related? because it sure didn't feel like anxiety. I can't find anything about this on the internet. i'll be calling my doctor tommorow to follow up but just wanted to ask if anyone here know what it is possibly?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: What do i have?

amalik91: See if you can get an EEG and MRI to see what's going on in your brain. You want to make sure you don't have any tumors in there or anything that could be causing seizures. The EEG will measure the brain electricity and see if there's seizure activity. Do you have allergies? It could have been a panic attack too. There's so many possibilities with this. Keep looking for answers.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

How long have you been taking the Prozac?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
(male)

amalik91 HB User

for about 3 months

Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User

amalik

I agree that you should notify your doctor and get an urgent appointment. Make sure that the emergency records from your visit are faxed over to the doctor office so that he has an idea what kind of test were done on you.
I am a little confused as to the reason for the heart rate dropping and than returning to normal without the doctor in the emergency room being a little bit concerned.
Is there a possiblity that your are taking a prescription medication that may not be mixing well with what ever herbal medication that you are taking?
Make sure that you bring whatever herbal medications or supplements that you are taking to the doctor office with you so that he/she can see if there could be a corralation between your prescription medication and the herbal supplements.
Are you only taking the Prozac or are you on any other type of prescription medication?
Please let me know how you are feeling?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
(male)

amalik91 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisslak View Post
amalik

I agree that you should notify your doctor and get an urgent appointment. Make sure that the emergency records from your visit are faxed over to the doctor office so that he has an idea what kind of test were done on you.
I am a little confused as to the reason for the heart rate dropping and than returning to normal without the doctor in the emergency room being a little bit concerned.
Is there a possiblity that your are taking a prescription medication that may not be mixing well with what ever herbal medication that you are taking?
Make sure that you bring whatever herbal medications or supplements that you are taking to the doctor office with you so that he/she can see if there could be a corralation between your prescription medication and the herbal supplements.
Are you only taking the Prozac or are you on any other type of prescription medication?
Please let me know how you are feeling?
I am taking just prozac
but i'm prescribed xanax but i haven't used it for about 2 weeks perhaps.
It hasn't really happened again sort of, it seemed that a couple hours afte leaving the ER it almost happened again but i just went to my bed to lie down and it sort of suppressed almost instantly but for some reason my hearing diminished for aobut a minute and then returned to normal which was wierd. it hasn't happened again since but i get little anxiety about whenever i wake up cos i think that it will happen again and i felt so fatigue after i wake up.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
(female)

Jul2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalik91 View Post
hey whatsup everyone this is going to be my first post so i hope i posted this in the right place. So apparently i had some wierd moment happen yesterday heres my story: I woke up around 6 30 pm then walked out to get water so i can take my prozac and around 6 45 i was staring at the cieling cos i was still a little sleepy and then my vision seemed to be a little wierd like it was shifting or something so i leave the room to walk around the house a bit then i have the urge to go the bathroom to do #1 and while i was doing it my chest was feeling wierd it was like a mint, chill, cold, numb feeling. and i ignored it for a second but it got worse it moved to my whole chest and both my arms. so i stopped suddenly and walked out and then as i got to the living room i sorta collapsed to the ground, but i did not faint or blackout, i still had my vision although it was fluxuating a bit and wierd vision. and i was it total confusion i could barely think at all and my brother was helping me out and i kept asking questions like i don't know whats happening or anything and then my brother told me i looked very pale and when i touched some object it woulld have a wierd feeling to it and this whole "moment" occured for 10 minutes and i went to the bed to lie down and the feelings started to fade and then i felt completely normal.

So i decided to call the doctor and they told me to make an appointment in the morning. but my dad said better goto the ER just incase. so i did and i went through some tests with blood and urine and checking my heart rate. and after a minute getting my blood taken they put me on an IV? or something to give me fluids and my arm was stinging (possibly because the tube or needle) and then the symptoms came back and i had the cold mint feeling and uncontrollable sweating and sort of confusion and apparently my heart dropped alot and then i came back to normal within 3 minutes perhaps. and for awhile being there they told me that my blood count was good and everything seemed okay and not to take anymore protein supplements since i started to take it to gain some weight gain back ever since i was diagnosed with a panic disorder. But after that they said that i have a "reactive heart" i guess they said it reacted to changes and stuff especially when i get nervous. i didn't completely understand it, but i guess i was fine to go home. Now here i am wondering what is it i have? is it anxiety related? because it sure didn't feel like anxiety. I can't find anything about this on the internet. i'll be calling my doctor tommorow to follow up but just wanted to ask if anyone here know what it is possibly?
Prozac is a dangerous drug. Sounds like you might be taking too much. I'm not a doctor but years ago I took that too, and am sorry for it. I backed up my car, got out to check the tire while it was backing up, and got dragged backward under the wheels with my legs on each side of it until it smashed into a neighbour's fence.

There is a lot of fluoride in Prozac and if you live in an area where fluoride is added to the water especially, you will hopefully not need that drug for long. Fluoride stays in your system for life, and you get it from so many sources. Like mercury it isn't good for you.

Because I'm not a doctor you have to take my advice with a mere grain of salt, but if I were you, I would reduce the amount to half myself, and gradually, VERY gradually, try to reduce it until I were off of it. You can't quit this drug suddenly because that can cause really serious problems. Often you can get as much help by taking something much safer like St. John's Wort, and/or even by joining some kind of meditation (versus medication) class.

Closed Thread