It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
(male)

EarthQuake HB User
Exclamation Persistent headaches. Need support!

Hi all,

I am 24-year old and have persistent dull (at times severe) headache for almost 2 weeks which won't respond to any medication. I have got an appointment with a neurologist in the following week however, I need some support until then. 10 days back, I was absolutely normal and was enjoying good health before it all started. The headache was intermittent and dull at first and I ignored it but it grew in intensity and became constant with time. I have tried OTC painkillers but nothing seem to work. I have had eye twitches since last night and I also feel pressure in my head. There is mild nausea, not strong enough to get me vomiting though. I am afraid it might be serious and I have got an appointment with a neurologist in the coming week. However, I need some support until then. Need your suggestions about what to do!

Worried!

The following user gives a hug of support to EarthQuake:
tiggertot (11-19-2010)
Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Lulubells HB UserLulubells HB User
Re: Persistent headaches. Need support!

Have you thought about it might being a sinus infection and tried treating your sinuses?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
(male)

EarthQuake HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulubells View Post
Have you thought about it might being a sinus infection and tried treating your sinuses?
Thank you, Lulubells!
It never crossed my mind that I might be having these symptoms due to sinusitis since I have a case of chronic sinusitis but it never turned such grave symptoms. So I never suspected it could be the case. May be, it has worsened due to cold weather.
I will definitely have this checked. I am quite relieved now.

Thank you once again! :-)

Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
(female)

vinabena4eva HB User

hey, i have been getting the samee exact symtoms as you & ive been in an outa hospitals . they finally told me i have sinusitus... so its possible that you have that.. i was really worried too and still am... plus i have anxiety on top of that so yeahhh good luck

Old 12-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Earthquake, good chance it is your sinuses. Also, if you find out it is not, get your neck and shoulder muscles checked. It is very common for this to be the source of headaches, and doctors never seem to check it. Tension in the muscles will press on the blood vessels going to the head, and cause many symptoms, a headache is just one, yet it's almost always missed as the cause.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
(female)

LessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB UserLessStress38 HB User

just wondering what was earthquakes results?

Closed Thread