It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User
Does this sound like a brain tumor? (Dizzy Feeling)

For the past 3-4 days Ive had this slight feeling of dizziness that usually lasts the whole day. Well I guess its more noticable at various times.

Anyway its not an extreme feeling. I can still walk and do stuff and move around. Its just this nagging sensation that Im kinda dizzy or Im about to get dizzy. I do have a few moments where I feel a bit unbalanced but just a bit. Like I said I can move around and do stuff.

I don't have any headaches or vomiting. I can bend over and feel ok. I feel better when when sitting and laying down obviously.

A few days ago I did kinda strain my neck by turning it. My neck is not sore though but I guess I could of done something to it.

Sometimes I feel like Im just being paranoid because my dad had a brain tumor and he passed away last year. That was not his type of cancer though. It had spread to his head. He originally had esophageal cancer.

Maybe Im just over-thinking it but thanks for any opinions.

Last edited by wildcat2000; 01-07-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
(male)

pip123 HB User
Re: Does this sound like a brain tumor? (Dizzy Feeling)

Sounds more likely to be an inner ear infection. It would be good to get checked out by your DR for peace of mind and if it is an infection you might need penicillin or...

Don

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 AM   #3
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip123 View Post
Sounds more likely to be an inner ear infection. It would be good to get checked out by your DR for peace of mind and if it is an infection you might need penicillin or...
Ya Ive heard ear infections can make you feel dizzy but I don't have any pain in either ear.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
(female)

Tpamommy4 HB User

It's likely ear infection, or vertigo.

It would be an unlikely presentation for a brain tumor, infections and medications are much more common causes.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-19-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from previous post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpamommy4 View Post
It's likely ear infection, or vertigo.

It would be an unlikely presentation for a brain tumor, infections and medications are much more common causes.
Glad to hear that. Thanks. I'm probably gona see my doctor next week. Still Im pretty nervous.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Positional dizziness is usually caused by a problem with the muscles in your neck and shoulders. I have had both, an ear infection, with many more symptoms than dizziness, and I had a problem with the muscles in my neck, and my symptoms were an off balance feeling, and dizzy spells in certain positions. You don't have to have pain in your neck for this to be the problem, but if you massage your shoulders and neck firmly, and either one is stiff and aches, then this may very well be the source.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Oh. Well the other day I did wake up with my neck a bit sore. First time since this dizzy feeling started.

I also had a bit of a headache on the front of my head. Like where the sinuses are. Took some IB and went away.

I dont know what to think anymore. If the sore neck was just a
coincidence and I really have an infection or vise-versa.

The dizzy feeling is still there but it seems to have gotten a little better in the past couple days. I have an appointment with my doctor Wednesday.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-19-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from previous post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

If the doc cannot find anything, please check your shoulder and neck muscles. I had a doctor treating me for months for a " virus " that I didn't have. The muscle problem is a major cause almost all of them miss, and is easily fixed.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey443 View Post
If the doc cannot find anything, please check your shoulder and neck muscles. I had a doctor treating me for months for a " virus " that I didn't have. The muscle problem is a major cause almost all of them miss, and is easily fixed.
Ya since you mentioned the neck muscles and stuff I felt around them last night but I couldnt really tell if they were stiff or swollen.

They don't hurt either, so I dont know. Thanks for the advice though.

Last edited by wildcat2000; 01-11-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

It can be hard for a person to know exactly what to check on themselves. I know only because I went to physical therapy for quite awhile. Your muscles don't usually swell. I can tell more by feeling my shoulder muscles up toward my neck, pressing in on them firm. I have this problem about 4 times a year, and the first symptom I have many times is I feel light headed, like I have been drinking. I fell asleep on the couch, noticed my neck was a little stiff and sore a few days ago, and of course ignored it and figured it would go away. The stiffness and most of the pain went away. It then turned into extreme light headedness, where I couldn't think straight, remember things, concentrate etc., and I now have to go to physical therapy again. If the doctor cannot find anything, I would still ask him or her to check your muscles. I have seen many docs that do not recognize this as the source, but most back and neck docs do recognize it. My spine doc is the only one that recognized it and referred me. The other ones argued with me even though I had been through this exact same thing before, and the treatment for it. In the meantime, I was treated for an inner ear infection that I did not have, and an unknown virus I did not have.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #11
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Oh I see. Well went to the doctor today. He checked me over a bit (the usual: temp, bloodpressure, heart and lungs with stethoscope etc...)

He told me to go back in for a blood draw in the morning since its been awhile. Im still nervous but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Sometimes it feels better plus I mostly only feel it while Im standing or walking around. I guess it can't be too serious

Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-19-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from previous post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
(male)

Ryan484 HB User

I am having basically the EXACT same problems. I went to an ENT because I was having slight pressure inside my ear (almost like having a teensy bit of water inside of them) but it would go away when I popped them. I wake up and my ears are clogged but it goes away once I move around a bit. I don't have a spinning sensation. The ENT said that since my dizziness was not the "spinning" type, but rather a more off-balance/swaying feeling, that it was NOT an inner-ear problem. He referred me to my family doctor to get some blood tests done (I have never had any done before). I have not gotten the results from those yet.

I DO have a previous history of brain tumors though. I had one when I was 9 years old (I am 23 now). I created a thread here that describes it in more detail. My symptoms were much more pronounced than what I am experiencing now. But these symptoms have been going on for a little over a month now, and I'm scared. Here's the link to my thread:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=831918

Please keep in touch with me; I've been searching the internet for weeks trying to find the exact symptoms, and you're the only match.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Hi, sorry to see youve had these problems for so long.

I read your topic but I've never had any of those symptoms that you described. Except for th dizzy feeling.

Like I said mine went on pretty much the whole day but wasnt that bad (I could walk and stuff)

My blood test came back ok. My dizzy feeling has gotten better. I don't really feel it anymore. I guess maybe it it was a kink in my neck or something.

How long have you been feeling like this, again? If its been more than a couple weeks Id go back to the doctor.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-19-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from previous post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
(male)

Ryan484 HB User

Well the dizzy problem is the most prominent. And I can still function. That's the main reason these doctors don't think it's anything to worry about...

For example, I went rock climbing and skiing (didn't fall once during either). It's really when I'm laying down or sitting down, and consciously thinking about it, that it seems to effect me more.

And I have had kinks in my neck before, and they seem to bother me occasionally. Right now I have a kink in my neck and took one Ibuprofen earlier, which helps. The doctor said it's scar tissue and nothing to worry about..

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #15
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Oh, for me it was the other way around. Sitting and laying made mine feel better.

If IB helps to take it away, even for a little awhile, could be the kink in your neck. Mine lasted for over a week. Thats why I asked how long yours had been going on.

If its been longer than that Id go back the doctor.

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-19-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Removed Quote from previous post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Closed Thread