It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

Taylor222 HB User
Question Please read: Do you think these symptoms will convince my doctor to order me an MRI?

I have a doctors appointment Wednesday because I've been having some freaky head problems.
I'm a 17 year old female. I have had headaches in the past but lately my headaches have been different-- the pain is not localized as usual and instead my whole head throbs and feels foggy and heavy. They're worst in the morning and gradually get better through the day. Also they wake me up a few times each night because they hurt so bad when I'm lying down. Since I'm being awoken so much I'm not getting enough rest and I'm tired all the time and I can't do things I normally do like go to the gym and run and such. This has been going on everyday for the past month and I'm sick of it

In addition to the headache problems, I've been having trouble with my right hand/arm. I've had three episodes in the past month now where my arm just becomes so weak I can hardly do anything with it. Simple tasks like eating are too hard and so I've been using my left hand a lot more than my right hand.

Oh also two more things-- My eyes are having problems focusing on numbers/streetsigns/whatever from far away, and I feel like I'm seeing things twice sometimes. Like double vision. Also I'm normally a somewhat eloquent person but lately I've been stumbling over my words a ton. I can hardly carry on normal conversation because I find myself not being able to find the right words and I'm constantly mixing up my letters and saying words wrong. It's incredibly frustrating.

I'm just afraid I'm gonna tell her all of this and she's gonna write it off as "stress" and tell me to take it easier and see if it gets better. She has a tendency to do this a lot. But I know I'm not stressed, and besides all the things (like playing the piano, baking, yoga) I would do normally to de-stress are kinda difficult right now seeing as my hand is not functioning properly and I'm weak and tired all the time.

Anyway do these symptoms sound concerning enough for me to get an MRI? Does anyone have any experience with symptoms like this? Any info or help or advice would be much appreciated! Thank you so much.

--Taylor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
(male)

smeezekitty HB User
Re: Please read: Do you think these symptoms will convince my doctor to order me an M

If you are concerned, you can request a CT/MRI yourself.

Closed Thread