It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
(female)

rebeccacleary HB User
brain hernia

My husband's doctor called him on Friday and told him that they found a brain hernia at the base of his brain and refered him to a neuro surgeon. Everything I read about a brain hernia sounds ominous. My husband called this morning to make his appointment and the referral isn't in yet. They told him to call back tomorrow!
Should we be seen right away or is this something that can wait another few days?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: brain hernia

Have your doctor's office call with the diagnosis....I find that is the fastest way to get things moving.

Yes, any kind of brain herniation can be life threatening but it sounds as if he has something that is fairly stable. Stressing him to get in sooner might do more harm than letting him wait for a day.

So push the doc's office to get on the ball and get the referral going...NOW. They are the ones holding things up. They need to do their job and the faster the better. Since they are holding up the referral, they can call with the diagnosis and get you the first available appointment.

Push them, not him.

And good luck. My prayers will be with you both.

gentle hugs............Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread