It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

Cascry HB User
Post Spaced out, high, Drunk Feeling Please Help.

Hi everyone

My boyfriend has been sick now for about the past 1 1/2 years. His major, number 1 symptom is this feeling he describes as: daydream, high, spacey, drunk like feeling 24/7. Its always there. He was a perfectly healthy guy and then this feeling came on. He was stressing really hard before he got this feeling. Before this symptom came on though he noticed some visual disturbances. While outside one day he saw the ground shift. A few months later the drunk feeling came and stayed. His other symptoms include: Blurry vision, eye floaters, sensitivity to light, red eyes, muscle twitching, inflamed ribs, and ringing in the ears. He has been to many different doctors. Neurologist, Chiropractor, ear, nose, throat, gastroenterologist, & has had many different tests. He has had an EEG, 24 hour EEG, MRI, MRA, Cat Scan, BRAIN SPECT and blood work. Everything has come back normal except for the brain spect which show areas of spotty blood flow, and poor blood flow to other parts. Also on his blood work his vitamin B and D are low. After trying to find out what was going on he got tested for Lyme Disease with the IGENEX test and it came back positive. So we started Lyme treatment with his doctor using, doxycycline 3 weeks, minocycline 6 weeks, and then 8 weeks of the bicillin shot, many different vitamins and herbs including Allicyn, Spironil, Biotox, glutathione, diamox etc. and none of those improved any of his symptoms. He also took Nystatin but was not following a strict diet. We have been researching trying to find out what could be causing his symptoms and have recently come across candida. Being that he was treated for Lyme and his doctor told him that if he had lyme in him something would've improved some of his symptoms, his doctor feels that he no longer has lyme. In March my boyfriend did a strict 2 week detox of nothing but steamed vegetables, as well and a liver detox, and bentonite and husk flush. We did notice that in those two weeks the ear ringing almost went away, and his ribs didn't feel inflamed as much as they used to be. So after the detox we started reintroducing some foods and added in three lac and diflucan. After being on the Diflucan for 9 days he broke out in a horrible itchy rash all over his body and it took about a week to go away. We did oatmeal and salts bath which help soothe him but only temporarily. He stopped the Diflucan and we went to see his doctor. His doctor did do a blood test at the time of the rash and said that if he was having an allergic reaction his blood would make something called IGE. The doctor got the results of blood work and said that this didn't look to be an allergic reaction but his platelet count was low, and that it was ok to continue the Diflucan. He started taking the Diflucan again for 3 days and woke up with severe vertigo that lasted for two days. After that not wanting to mess with his health he decided to stop taking the Diflucan. We also saw online that Diflucan can cause a low platelet count as well as the rash could.
He has a prescription for Nystatin but we are waiting for him to take that. Trying to get some answers here first. So he has been continuing with a healthy diet mostly, organic chicken, meat, veggies, quinoa, apples and nuts for the past 2 months as well as taken vitamin b, d, grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid and three lac, but now his ribs feel like they are more inflamed again, he is more tired then EVER, and of course his everyday symptoms such as the drunk, high, spaced out feeling, floaters, tinnitus, fatigue, stiff neck, and his lower back hurts him so bad. He's sore all over all the time. He always feels like he needs to stretch.

Some questions for you that hopefully you can answer.

1. Can Candida cause this drunk like feeling that he has 24/7 for 1 1/2 years straight?

2. Can Candida cause a poor blood flow in the brain?

3. How long would he have to be on this diet before this drunk feeling will go away?? Is it possible with his strict dieting for him to even still have this feeling saying its Candida??

4. Can Candida cause a deficiency in Vitamin B and Vitamin D?

5. Can a difference be made between Lyme and Candida? And how would I rule one or the other out?

6. If it is Candida, can it be cured without a prescription antifungal?

7. We came across hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Is this a tool that can be used to help defeat Candida??

Thank you so Much ..... please help us. Need to get his health and life back.

Crystal and Dan

Last edited by Cascry; 05-05-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
(male)

xyz120 HB User
Re: Spaced out, high, Drunk Feeling Please Help.

Hi Crystal and Dan, I hope you're still checking in on this thread. I have the same symptoms that you are describing... the "always drunk" feeling, muscle twitches, weakness, fatigue, tons of eye floaters and other visual disturbances. I was just wondering if you could provide an update and let me know whether or not Dan is still experiencing these problems and if you found out anything. It would be really nice to hear from you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

CrysandCaz HB User

Hi Jeff,

Yes, Dan is still experiencing these symptoms 24/7 everyday. Still researching trying to find other people out there with this drunk, dream like, spacey feeling to find out what could be causing it. Currently im researching Neuro Lyme. Are you seeing a doctor? And have you come across anything.

Thanks,
Crystal and Dan

Last edited by Administrator; 10-16-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

I experienced this spaced out drunk feeling for months, went to the doctor who tested me for everything under the sun only to find nothing, and I eventually found out I was dealing with 2 different problems.
The first one doctors almost always never think to check on you, which is in your upper back, shoulder and neck muscles. A tension in any of these puts pressure on the blood vessels going to the brain affecting the blood supply and causing this " out of it " feeling. All you have to do is squeeze your own shoulder blades firmly and if this brings on symptoms or aggravates the ones you already have, this is the source. They will also be very tense, and sometimes ache from the pressure.
I do not have neck pain when this happens, many people don't, so it does not occur to them that this is the problem. I now recognize these symptoms on my own and go to physical therapy where they do " counter strain " on me and this releases the tension in the muscles and the symptoms go away. Since I have bone spurs in my neck and stenosis, this spaced out feeling comes on after I have used my neck muscles too much, ( which is easy to do just with normal daily living ) so I go to therapy about 4 times a year.
The other problem I have is severe allergies, this again took months to figure out as the doc didn't think to check for this. I will wake up feeling like I drank a 6 pack, and my face will be puffy, my eyelids puffy, and I cannot think straight, and am very out of it and tired all day. Allegra helps me with that.
My first suggestion is to check your own shoulder muscles, and your neck muscles, by squeezing them like you are giving yourself a firm massage. If it hurts, aches, or aggravates any of your symptoms, this is the source of your problem. A physical therapist will know how to treat this.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Hi Crystal and Dan,

I have not found out anything yet, and I continue to pick up new and worsening symptoms. I have had this "always drunk" feeling for about 8 years. It hasn't been that bad except for this past year when it worsensed and along with the other symptoms I got over this past year it has taken over my life.

Everyone I talk to points at Lymes, however I tested negative on the Igenex test. I find it interesting that you mention the results of the SPECT showed some findings with blood flow. I suspect this has a lot to do with it based on it's very common in people with CFS, and this head feeling is common amongst CFS sufferers. I don't believe our problem is CFS, but something more "rare" and unknown.

I too have been in search for people who suffer the same symptoms to share our information and findings to hopefully come up with something. If you want to talk more, I'm available.

All the best!

Jeff

Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Please get your neck and shoulder muscles checked, or check them yourself. This is one of the most common sources of these symptoms that doctors do not think to check, and the person has numerous tests, only for the tests to all come out negative. This problem is very common and simple to fix, but you won't know unless you have it checked. You would not believe the amount of people that come on here with these symptoms and no answers from doctors. Stress can bring this on, as your muscles tense up so much, and press on the blood vessels going to the brain affecting the blood supply causing the light headed feeling.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #7
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Kasey, what specifically would you get checked with regards to the neck... any in specific the dr. should be looking for? I had a CT and MRI of the cervical spine all the way down to the lumbar spine. Only abnormalities were obvious disc degeneration.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Your muscles in your upper back, by your shoulder blades, ( where the shoulder blade sticks out ) and your shoulders. You can do some checking yourself with a firm massage in these areas and firm pressure. You can do this to your shoulders and neck, another person would have to do your back. Any firm pressure usually brings on a bad ache, and symptoms. Type in trigger points in back, in google images, and you can see where they are. Chiropractors and physical therapists know about them, and neuros and orthos. GP's usually miss this as the source. The only treatment that works for me is physical therapy, called counter strain. Not exercises, as these make it worse because overuse of these is the cause of them tightening up in the first place. The drunk feeling is the number one symptom I have when this comes on, and it still takes me awhile to realize what the problem is ( because I am so out of it ) and go for treatment. Once you get diagnosed and sent to PT, you can usually just call your doc and ask to be sent back if it comes back, which it can, from overuse. So I would try to check your own muscles first, then tell the doc about them if you think this is the source.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #9
(male)

Rygarfo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey443 View Post
Your muscles in your upper back, by your shoulder blades, ( where the shoulder blade sticks out ) and your shoulders. You can do some checking yourself with a firm massage in these areas and firm pressure. You can do this to your shoulders and neck, another person would have to do your back. Any firm pressure usually brings on a bad ache, and symptoms. Type in trigger points in back, in google images, and you can see where they are. Chiropractors and physical therapists know about them, and neuros and orthos. GP's usually miss this as the source. The only treatment that works for me is physical therapy, called counter strain. Not exercises, as these make it worse because overuse of these is the cause of them tightening up in the first place. The drunk feeling is the number one symptom I have when this comes on, and it still takes me awhile to realize what the problem is ( because I am so out of it ) and go for treatment. Once you get diagnosed and sent to PT, you can usually just call your doc and ask to be sent back if it comes back, which it can, from overuse. So I would try to check your own muscles first, then tell the doc about them if you think this is the source.
I've posted my own "brain fog" story in general health. I work out daily and have been told this could be the problem before. However, the onset of the problem occurred when I got sick (dry coughs for weeks and no z pack could cure it). Now I just feel like I'm walking around in a dream land all the time and can't remember things well.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
(male)

Rygarfo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygarfo View Post
I've posted my own "brain fog" story in general health. I work out daily and have been told this could be the problem before. However, the onset of the problem occurred when I got sick (dry coughs for weeks and no z pack could cure it). Now I just feel like I'm walking around in a dream land all the time and can't remember things well.
Also, when you do this "counter strain" procedure does the brain fog go away IMMEDIATELY or does it take a while?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
(female)

frogkisser HB User

I posted something about this in the "depression" board because I was on Lexapro for depression. I came off of it, and felt all of these symptoms. Its now a year later and STILL have the drunk, Im falling, feelings. Im not sure if its linked to the meds or not. I havent been tested at the dr. yet for anything...too scared to go, and have them tell me its nothing.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

I know depression meds can relax the muscles, so I hope you can check yourself to see if this may be the cause. I posted how to do this, it's very easy, earlier in this thread.

Closed Thread