It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
(male)

gary1267 HB User
Question Cysts on the brain any opinions?

I found this site by mishap.I went to the doctor for a follow up on friday and she gave me the results from a EEG test as well as a CAT Scan.Felt all alone she didnt even look at me when talking just sitting there typing on the computer as she said the Cat Scan said it showed Cysts on the backside of my brain.This sound very serious your brain thats huge I asked how would you get she replied she didnt know then I asked am I going to die she replied Dont try to pick my brain.How do you respond to that from your doctor??I have been trying to find out myself one site said 85% 5 year expectany however I dont know she scheduled me to see a Neurolgist hopefully he dosent tell me to not pick his brain anyone have cyst on their brain?

The following user gives a hug of support to gary1267:
krazy2day (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User
Re: Cysts on the brain any opinions?

I totally understand your concern and Im not liking your dr. If you feel she is worth keeping, I would ask her to be more attentive with your questions. You certainly deserved a better answer... AND eye contact.

I have a spinal cord tumor and I remember how upset and confused I was when that was dx. Its kinda kewl now that Im one-in-a-million!!

Your neuro will be able to tell you what kind of cyst you most likely have (along with a prognosis and game plan). Some are slow growing and some are aggressive depending on the type. Id wager you will have a good idea of whats going on and whats going to happen once you see this dr. (Hang tight!)

Believe it or not sometimes these things (including cysts) can be left alone and monitored in lieu of removal. Unless its unavoidable and a rapid grower I strongly urge you to think hard about rushing into surgery (because you CAN find a dr that will take it out simply because u want it out).

Let us know how your appt goes.

Last edited by krazy2day; 05-13-2011 at 11:18 PM. Reason: entered too soon -wasnt done

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread