It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
(male)

Burkie87 HB User
What is wrong with me?

Hi, I really need to get an opinion on this as it's causing me a great deal of worry.

While I was lying in bed last Sunday night I suddenly got a sudden and very strong headache on the right side of my head (the left side felt fine) which lasted for maybe 2 or 3 minutes before subsiding. For the week since this has happened, I've had an occasional dull ache on the right side of my head (not really a pain like a headache, more a feeling as if someone were pressing down on a spot on the right side of my head) as well as getting an occasional tingling feeling in my right hand and fingers. It hasn't effected my ability to work or go about my life; sometimes it can lessen to the extent where it barely registers; but I've always been aware that it is there.

I am a 24 year old male, 6"2 and maybe a little overweight although not obese. Do you have any idea what this might be? I have a habit of over-reacting about these things but an opinion would really set me mind at ease!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
(male)

Krion HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?

Sounds like an anxiety attack. im 25, M and 6 feet tall by the way. When I panic, i will feel pressure all around my head, near temples and eyes and the like. If its recent, your problem may just be anxiety + sinus infection.

Do the pressing feelings manifest any non-panic symptoms? Eye strain and migraines can cause that sorta pain too.

It is HIGHLY unlikely that you are having a brain tumor. Remember, your brain cannot feel any pain. Thats pressure on your sinus cavities. Painful, irritating, terrifying at times...But strange too. This year has had odd weather, and whenever the storm cells move in, i get intense migraines.

Since your symtpoms are mild enough, unless they worsen a doctor probably isnt necessary. Common colds and other infections that are easily beaten back can do that very thing, and you are still well within the time frame of such an illness. I dont knwo what the heck's going on but ive been horrificly dizzy the past week or so, way more than I used to be. I hear similar reports of sudden, weird illness from a lot of my friends.

Ah, nearly forgot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Temple_%28anatomy%29_%28PSF%29.png is this the location of your pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

ajw7813 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?

Having been recently diagnosed with a brain tumor, I have been told that the symptoms usually occur on the opposite side of your body from the actual tumor.
If you use a computer every day for prolonged periods of time or do repetitive motions with one hand or the other, it sounds like it could be carpel tunel syndrome, which I also have.
Talk to you Dr. about your daily routines and see if this could be the problem.
Hope this helps!!!

Closed Thread