It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

jlk89 HB User
Brain tumor

Hi,for the last 4 months i have had these awful headaches & stabbing pains on the right side of my head also causing my right eye to be very dry.I have also become very clumsy and i have fell twice within the last couple months.My eyes sight has been deteriorating causing me to have to have had 3 different pairs of glasses within the last year,i have been dropping things,forgetting things,i have to write everything down or i will forget it for sure,my right ear hurts all the time and i am always running a low grade fever.I always feel like ****,sorry..I think i have a brain tumor & i have an appointment with a neurologist on the 28th of July but was hoping someone on here had been through this already and could maybe let me know what i`m getting ready to go through.I am on Topamax 100 mg twice a day for my headaches and it is not helping at all.Thanks.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jlk89
aditya kale (09-08-2011), ajw7813 (07-23-2011)
Old 07-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
(female)

ajw7813 HB User
Re: Brain tumor

My brain tumor was diagnosed in May, 2011, and I had no symptoms except for ONE headache that sent me to the emergency room. They did a CT Scan and "found" something. They scheduled an MRI, but I had to ask for medication for my headache, which went away and never returned.
The MRI sent me to a neurosurgeon who then did an angiogram (which got infected) and surgery within two weeks. I was released from the hospital 3 days early because I felt so good.
My diagnosis after surgery is a right frontal lobe Oligodendroglioma, grade 3.
I will start radiation and chemo. next week.
I have to believe that my good attitude, good doctors and beginning a good regimen of proper nutrition and excercise will cure me of this "ailment".

When you get your "diagnosis", please use your computer for the valuable research it can provide and look into the research done by Dr. J. Budwig and the benefits of flaxseed oil and cottage cheese and the ability of her research to cure cancer.
AJW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

honeyann HB User
Re: Brain tumor

You are inspirational. I however, am scared out of my mind. I have had the feeling of a right blocked ear for awhile, and lately it has been interfering with my everyday life. It feels like it is blocked or clogged, but I just got back from the ENT and they said it was perfectly clear. I feel a pressure and mild pain all around the right side of my head, and sometimes get headaches in my forehead. Since it is clearly not something inside my ear, I am worried it goes deeper in the brain. The ENT didn't seem too concerned and told me to come back in a week if it is still bothering me. I know it will be, and do not want to waste an visit on my PPO plan to go back to him. What should I do next. So scared, I know this is not normal.

Last edited by honeyann; 08-12-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Closed Thread