It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

danid76 HB User
tender spot/headache

This all started back in June. I developed a senstitive spot on the back of my head (but toward the top). It was only tender when I touched it or leaned on it. Otherwise it was fine. I have been to the doctor 4 times now about it. First, they said it was a migraine. When the medicine didn't work they said it was a sinus infection, and after that they suggested possible Lyme Disease. I just went back today and they went over blood work, which they said looked okay and sent me for a CT scan of my head. They said everything was negative but my symptoms have gotten worse over the past 2 weeks where I am now dizzy, having blurred vision, constant headaches all over my head, nausea, and the same tender spot on the back of my head. My doctor now seems to think that my birth control pill is causing all of this, but I find that hard to believe considereing I've been on the same pill for two years. Does anybody have any advice or suggestions for me as to what this could be or what my next step should be? I was thinking about setting up an appointment with a neurologist just to be sure it's nothing. I have two young girls that need me so I have been very stressed about this! HELP!

Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: tender spot/headache

Is this sensitive spot a lump? I was told by my chiropractor years ago, that our skulls are held together by a tough fibrous tissue that can tighten up and get strained just like a muscle, and cause a lump and many symptoms. I had this problem, but it was my lower head in the back, right above my neck. It caused head pressure, headaches and dizzy spells. It took a few appts where he used the activator on that spot, and it finally went away, along with all my symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread