It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
(male)

Jayson17 HB User
I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

I'm a 17 year old male. For the past 2 days, I've been getting this weird feeling like I'm confused and I don't really know what I'm doing. Here's a list of things I've been through for the last 2 weeks (hopefully it will help answer why I'm getting this confused feeling):

Two weeks ago I met this really cute girl at summer camp. Well, summer camp ended about a week ago, and I've been feeling sad ever since (not sure if it's depression). I think of her every single day.

Yesterday, I felt really tired in the middle of the day, even though I had a good nights sleep and didn't do much during the morning.

Last night, I had an awkward dream that I got shot, but managed to get away.

Someone please help me! I really hope I'm just delusional and that I don't really have brain cancer or a brain tumor. I'm really scared that I might have one though....please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

Hi, you don't have any symptoms at all of any type of brain tumor or problem there.
It sounds like you may be a little down from not being able to see the girl you think so much of. Stress, depression, or anxiety can wear a person down and make them tired. It can also cause dreams like the one you described, where you were hurt in the dream. Sometimes, this is your minds way of dealing with the hurt you are feeling, from not being able to see her.
Did you exchange phone numbers and emails with her?
If you have no way to contact her, the best way to get through this is to be around your close friends, and socialize like you did before. Do not sit at home alone with nobody to talk to. Go places, and do things you enjoy, and you will be surprised at how good and normal you start to feel again. It can seem impossible to do this at first, I have been there, but it works. Just don't seclude yourself from others, do the opposite, get out and have fun, and you should start feeling better.
I hope this helps a bit. I have felt this way before too, a few times, and this is what helped me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: I'm worried that I might have brain cancer or a brain tumor...

sounds like anxiety to me, too.

Closed Thread