It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

laurat888 HB User
FNH Liver tumor and pregnancy

I am a little confused about FNH tumors and there is not much information out there. I had a spot on a cat scan in 2008 probably a cyst nothing to worry about wasn't able to follow up because I got pregnant with my first child. Un-expentantly I got pregnant in 2009 with my second child and had to put off having an MRI of my liver. After 2nd child was born I was having horrible stomach and back pain. I finally had an MRI and there were two lessions on my liver. I saw a liver surgeon and she quickly diagonsed them as FNH saying that they had not grown since 2008. I had to remind her there was a new one and growth in the first ( I read the report before appt.) after hearing that she scheduled an MRI for six months post apt. and adviced me not to start birth control pills again. I just had the follow up MRI and there has been no growth nor did they shrink being off hormones for a year. The conversation we had was quick and she made it seem like it wasn't a big deal they are large in size I knwo one is the size of a softball. I asked her if I would be able to get pregnant again my hope was to always have three. She told me that she wouldn't tell me not to have a baby but that there were risks involved. Any information out there on whether or not it is safe to get pregnant with a FNH tumor would be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread