It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

lynnand HB User
Unhappy Swooshing Sound just started in my Right Ear

Wow, this is amazing that so many people have the same problems as I have and yet no one seems to have received a "cure" for it! I'm planing on seeing a doctor next week since the swooshing noise in my right ear is very freaky to me, but glad to hear that it's most likely not a tumor (which is what made me register on this site - I was scarred!). Hopefully we all keep each other posted as to what progress or cures we've received.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
(male)

still life HB Userstill life HB User
Re: Swooshing Sound just started in my Right Ear

Could it be a cerumen (earwax) impaction? I get a swooshing sound in my ear whenever I have this problem. The swooshing sound is just my pulse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
(female)

lynnand HB User

I'm glad to report that the swooshing sound stopped and it's been almost a week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't! I would still like to hear if anyone else has a positive outcome from their doctors, etc. for this problem in case it does return. I never made it to the doctors due to the holidays, but will go if it returns.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

lynnand HB User

I'm glad to report that the swooshing sound stopped and it's been almost a week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't return! I would still like to hear if anyone else has a positive outcome from their doctors, etc. for this problem in case it does return. I never made it to the doctors due to the holidays, but will go if it returns.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
(male)

JRA1 HB User

I also have the same swooshing sound in my left ear. My doctor said it wasnt a big deal if when laying down it doesnt happen. He had a name for it but ive forgotten it. Mine is sometimes breathing noise and sometimes my heart beat.
Mine has been on and off for a couple years and the fact Ive had several fractures in the left ear area doesnt help.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
(female)

lynnand HB User

Actually mine is just like hearing my heart beat (and maybe it is, who knows) but thankfully it hasn't come back. And I only hear it when I'm lying down. If it comes back I'll go to the doctor but it seems that from I'm reading fro people that have the same issues there is no "cure". So if it comes back I'll let it lul me to sleep (lol). Sorry to hear about the fractures in the ear - ouch!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

i think what you have is pulsatile tinnitus

Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User

I had the same sound when my eardrum ruptured. I heard my heart beat when i was laying on that side and found some blood on my pillow

Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
(female)

captainmal HB User

Well, if this sound coincides with your heart beat, I would definitely see a doctor. I had a friend with this symptom, and his condition was very serious.

I'm going to describe this badly but the idea is that his veins which are supposed to carry blood back to the heart from the brain had somehow grown together with his arteries. Arteries carry blood from the heart to the brain & the rest of the body and are under much higher pressure than veins. The veins can't stand up to the higher blood pressure forever and the usual result is a stroke. My doctor told me it was unusual to diagnose this condition in a living person; more commonly it is found during an autopsy.

My friend had surgery, which corrected the problem, but it was very touch and go for him.

Reply Reply