It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

pleazngod HB User
Unhappy Possible Brain Tumor?

I am a 35 year old female. I have been having problems with my head for a little while now. First it started where if I would turn my head to the RIGHT, it would hurt. I have also been noticing when I wake up in the morning, it would feel as if there was a hand around my neck although my breathing would be fine. I have just realized this morning that this feeling is the result of my lying flat on my stomache with my head turned to the RIGHT. I found this out because when I woke up this morning I had this feeling and then when I straightened my head, the feeling started going away. As soon as I turned my head back to the RIGHT, I could gradually feel it coming back again. I also frequently have sharp pains in the back of my head like just above my neck. These pains comes and goes and only last for seconds at the most. My eyes also stay extremely dry. I am not sure what this could be but I hope that someone on this site can give me some input. Thank you in advance.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: pleazngod
jersey111 (01-23-2012), Wantofeelnormal (01-17-2012)
Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: Possible Brain Tumor?

It sounds like you have a pinched nerve.

Have you talked to your Doctor about having a CatScan or MRI?

I hope you feel better soon.

~Belle~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User
Re: Possible Brain Tumor?

sleeping on your stomach is a bad position to sleep in because as you are finding out, it causes muscle strain in your head and neck. You have to train yourself to lie on your back or side. Years ago, I always slept on my stomach, it was the only I could get to sleep but my neck muscles suffered for it like you, and I had to break that bad habit.

Reply Reply