It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

Kanderz HB User
Scared that I have a brain tumor?

For the last 3 months I have been dealing with a range of issues. For history, I am a hypochondriac. All of these things Iím about to mention, I thought I had years ago and they turned out to be nothing. This time, it seems worse.

I have had neck pain (mainly on the right side) that makes me have headaches. I went for acupuncture and that helped a little. I have had a strange head feeling as well. It feels like when you have anxiety and you feel like youíre not there. Iíll be talking to people and I feel like Iím not in the conversation. Sometimes it feels like dizziness, but I donít think it is that. I donít feel like Iím going to fall over or faint. I just feel like Iím in a dream walking through life.

I have been to 4 doctors total. It started that I had fluid in my ears. When that cleared up, I felt great for about 2 days. Then it came back. I feel like my right pupil is bigger than the left Ė which if you look up symptoms is not anything good. I went to one eye doctor who measure my pupils and said they were the same size Ė both 6 mm and they responded to light. I went to a second eye doctor who told me the right may be slightly bigger, but itís within the range where size can very. For clarity, I thought my right pupil looked bigger when I thought I had a brain tumor years ago. Maybe itís been that way for a while and I just didnít notice, but to me it looks bigger. If I ask people, very few can tell a difference. Two eye doctors didnít and the others I ask canít, but I see a difference when I look in the mirror.

I am, as I stated before, probably a hypochondriac. I have thought I was going to have a heart attack too, but that didnít pan out. If I focus of my chest pain, the head feeling seems to go away. If I focus on the head feeling, the chest pain goes away. As I type this, my head feeling is 100% here, but my chest pain is 100% gone.

I went to my GP and told her all about my problems Ė including the bigger pupil. She noticed, but didnít seem too concerned. I ask a doctor who used to work in neurology and she said it didnít sound like anything serious. I feel like I should go get an MRI done to rule things out, but no one seems concerned enough to order one.

Does this sound like it could be brain related? I have a tremor in my right hand, which could be attributed to the fact that I have fluctuating blood pressure. Iím just terrified this is a brain tumor or something more serious. What do you think it could be? Should I be more concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Scared that I have a brain tumor?

The only way you will know for sure is if you go and have a scan on your head.

Do that and you could be satisfied but I'm thinking it will only be temporary as I'm a bit like you myself.

You need to address your anxiety really

Reply Reply