It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

Mariahclark12 HB User
Does this sound like a tumor?

Okay so I recently went to the doctors and my doctor diagnosed me with silent migraines. I am 19 years old and was diagnosed at the age of 13 with chronic migraines but those only lasted for about a year and a half. Not til about a year ago a lot of things started like ringing in my ears, hearing voices, hallucinating , loss of side vision, metallic taste in mouth, black outs, feeling really drunk, forgetting a lot of things, troubles with speaking. This one night I was just laying in bed and I dont remember falling asleep or what happened but I got up and ran to the bathroom because of how strange and scared I felt. I looked at the clock and it had only been a few minutes since I looked at it last. I blacked out or something. I dont know I'm really worried i know its a possibility it can be stress induced but my doctor was really persistent about getting me an mri. I am getting one sometime soon but I would still like some feed back if someone experienced the same thing. Also I'm losing my hair randomly and no one in my family has balding and i'm not anemic or anything. I also have weird mood changes I get really kind of psychotic sometimes.

Last edited by Mariahclark12; 04-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
(female)

Danismum HB User
Re: Does this sound like a tumor?

Sounds more like a hormone problem than a tumour

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
(female)

PerfectlyJaded HB User

No it does not sound like a hormone problem. You definitely have some signs of a tumor or something neurological going on. I would schedule the MRI very soon.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

SisterE HB UserSisterE HB User

The hair falling out sounds hormonal, but the hallucinations, headaches, blackouts, etc, could be signs of something more serious.
I'm glad your doctor is ordering an MRI- The sooner the better! You should also be refered to a neurologist who specializes in brain disorders.

Take a few deep breaths and don't panic! It could be something neurological, or it could be something psychological (hallucinations and black-outs are also symptoms of schizophrenia) that can be treated with medication. There are so many things that could be causing your problems. Worrying about having a tumor before you have the MRI results will only cause you more stress- think positive!

Good luck and let us know how the MRI comes out!

Reply Reply

Tags
tumor, tumor symtoms hemmorhage anuerysm memory