It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas Texas United States
Posts: 3
AnxiousNeedHelp HB User
Fearing a brain tumor

Ok, so for the last month and a half or so, I've been having head pains on a daily basis. They tend to be all over. When this first started, they were mostly in my forehead and my temples, but now the pains are behind my eyes, and in the back of my head as well. My doctor played it off as stress and put me on Zoloft. Long story short, I'm still having these pains.

Typically, they are not there when I wake up in the morning, but they come on as the day progresses. I've also had a lot of pain in my teeth and jaw. I went to my dentist recently and he said he didnt see any signs of me grinding my teeth, but he did say he would fit me for a night guard if I wanted. Over the counter meds help short term but the pain always comes back.

Along with this pain, I've also had some very slight dizziness and Pressure in my ears. My PCP gave me a blood test and he said everything was normal.

I have no history of prolonged headaches or allergies. My PCP wants to avoid MRI and CT scan because he thinks I'm fine and doesn't want to expose me to a lot of radiation.

I'm fearing a brain tumor and am really worried about it. Any help or advice is appreciated.

 
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 4
AirForce Josh HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Hello,

I am not a Dr, but I am an AF medic for the last 10 years. I would trust your PCP or find a new PCP that you do trust. The one thing about brain tumors and the associated headaches is that the headaches do NOT go away with OTC drugs. If you said that you were taking max doses of OTC headache meds and it wasn't touching the pain I would personally be more worried... Well i am not a dr, so take my opinion for what its worth.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxiousNeedHelp View Post
Ok, so for the last month and a half or so, I've been having head pains on a daily basis. They tend to be all over. When this first started, they were mostly in my forehead and my temples, but now the pains are behind my eyes, and in the back of my head as well. My doctor played it off as stress and put me on Zoloft. Long story short, I'm still having these pains.

Typically, they are not there when I wake up in the morning, but they come on as the day progresses. I've also had a lot of pain in my teeth and jaw. I went to my dentist recently and he said he didnt see any signs of me grinding my teeth, but he did say he would fit me for a night guard if I wanted. Over the counter meds help short term but the pain always comes back.

Along with this pain, I've also had some very slight dizziness and Pressure in my ears. My PCP gave me a blood test and he said everything was normal.

I have no history of prolonged headaches or allergies. My PCP wants to avoid MRI and CT scan because he thinks I'm fine and doesn't want to expose me to a lot of radiation.

I'm fearing a brain tumor and am really worried about it. Any help or advice is appreciated.
anxious....there are so many different types of headaches, cluster, sinus, ocular, headaches from clenching...you name it. try and find an article on the web about types of headaches. i'm no doc either...but i did have a friend that had a tumor and this sounds kinda personal, but he told me he ejaculated with no excitement whatsoever and he was extremely nauseous and ill feeling...and it was constant...no relief. i made him go to the hospital right away. turns out that the tumor was affecting his motor senses in the brain. my opinion....anxiety can also cause headaches. maybe there's something in your life that might be causing you a lot of stress?

 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas Texas United States
Posts: 3
AnxiousNeedHelp HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Thanks for the replies. The OTC meds don't give me enough relief to make myself comfortable. I've tried to reintroduce caffeine into my body as well and it helps a little bit. I've researched all types of headaches and if this isn't a tumor, it has to be cluster or TMJ related headaches because aside from not feeling well, I have very little to be stressed about in life.

I'm scared to go to a neurologist because I'm worried about receiving bad news. Right now, I'm just holding onto the fact that my blood tests came back normal.

 
Old 04-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxiousNeedHelp View Post
Thanks for the replies. The OTC meds don't give me enough relief to make myself comfortable. I've tried to reintroduce caffeine into my body as well and it helps a little bit. I've researched all types of headaches and if this isn't a tumor, it has to be cluster or TMJ related headaches because aside from not feeling well, I have very little to be stressed about in life.

I'm scared to go to a neurologist because I'm worried about receiving bad news. Right now, I'm just holding onto the fact that my blood tests came back normal.
i was just thinking back a few years when i would get these severe pains up the back of my head, from my neck that would actually start to feel like a tight band around my head. you may be suffering from fascia pain. fascia....although i know the word is longer, but can't think right now...are the kind of webbing that's attached to our bones and muscles. most of my jobs tended to overwork my upper body and of course....if we're not stretching them back out, they just keep tightening. i suffer tmj also and am constantly clenching and i get a lot of headaches from that too. have you tried going to an e.m.t?

 
Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas Texas United States
Posts: 3
AnxiousNeedHelp HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Thanks for the input. Going to an ENT on Friday and a neurologist on the 24th. I just feel "off" and have constant headachea. No nausea, vomiting, slurred speech, or vision issues. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but realistically I know that symtoms of brain rumors are different for everyone.

 
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
boobootwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: london, ontario, canada
Posts: 211
boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Fearing a brain tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxiousNeedHelp View Post
Thanks for the input. Going to an ENT on Friday and a neurologist on the 24th. I just feel "off" and have constant headachea. No nausea, vomiting, slurred speech, or vision issues. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but realistically I know that symtoms of brain rumors are different for everyone.
an e.m.t. is a doc that does nerve testing and diagnoses things like, muscle and tendon problems etc. i can't remember what the emt stands for...sorry. good for you with the appt's. you won't have to wait too long to set your mind at ease. let me know what you find out. all the best.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Constant fear of having a Brain Tumor Reckful Brain Tumors 19 05-04-2010 04:38 AM
Brain Tumor or just Anxiety? SaltRiver84 Brain Tumors 6 01-10-2009 11:10 AM
BENIGN BRAIN TUMOR (please respond) meli911 Brain Tumors 1 11-17-2007 05:02 PM
Brain tumor?? chesteadman Brain Tumors 39 08-31-2007 12:07 PM
terrified of brain tumor!! please help jptalcott Brain Tumors 4 06-22-2007 07:06 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



musicandwriting (4), bubblegirl (3), neciae1 (3), Kasey443 (3), pamg6 (2), krahon (2), AuntieLeela (2), janewhite1 (2), jezsab (2), sld1961 (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1182), MSJayhawk (1015), Apollo123 (913), Titchou (862), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (760), midwest1 (671), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!