It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

gr218 HB User
Worried About Having a Brain Tumor

About three weeks ago, I started to feel some pressure in the back of my head. It didn't hurt, it just felt weird. I still thought the worse and assumed it was a tumor. About a week ago, it started to hurt which made me even more scared and stressed. I do get some muscle twitches every now and then. Mostly in my arms and legs and sometimes my stomach and neck. Also my arms have felt numb at times but I can't tell if its just because I lay on them often. Also I can't tell if the muscle twitches are because of anxiety. Now the same spot on my head continues to hurt and I still feel pressure on it. Does it sound like a brain tumor? If so, with the time span give, would it be safe to assume it is cancerous? I'm 18 years old and I live a healthy lifestyle.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User
Re: Worried About Having a Brain Tumor

First thing you should do is see a doctor. I had similar pressure in my head and of course thought the worst which is what you are doing. After seeing a neurologist, I had an mri which showed no brain tumor. Migraines and bulging discs in neck created my problems. i also had and still have tingling in head and legs, arms occasionally. Sorry so short but i am at work and cant elaborate.
Go to the doctor so he can rule out the worst case scenario. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
(male)

gr218 HB User
Re: Worried About Having a Brain Tumor

I realized lately, that my head pain is coming mainly from either two spots or all around the head. Previously, it was just on the left side of the back of my head. So if I'm starting to feel pain from different areas, instead of just one, could that be a sign that it isn't likely a tumor?

Closed Thread