It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
(female)

AutumnRose92 HB User
It's a brain tumour, isn't it?

Hi all,
I must admit I posted here yesterday about pretty much the same thing but I wanted some further 'advise'.... As you can gather from the title I am pretty convinced I have a brain tumour. But please don't dismiss me immediately as a hypochondriac!
For about 5 1/2 years I have experienced daily 'ice pick' headaches, more recently (past few months) I have been experiencing 'different' headaches, they are, I would say, quite painful, sometimes they are unilateral (possibility of migraine?) and sometimes both sides... They are never 'whole head' headaches but can occur pretty much anywhere on my head. Now, I appreciate headaches can be caused by a whole range of things but here are my two 'key' worries which I can't seem to explain as anything other than a brain tumour:
They are worse/ caused by movement- and I don't necessarily mean anything excessive- literally walking (not everytime I walk though) or sometimes my head hurts just with the movement of my head. The other week I had pain in a localised spot that was literally hurting with every footstep I took....
The second thing which makes me think it has to be a brain tumour is that I have 'tender spots' on my head- parts of my head, not always in the same place, hurt if any pressure is applied....

Do these sound like brain tumour headaches to anyone other than me?
I do have a few other 'symptoms'- occassional nausea, occasional tingling in my facial region.... I have these intermittently for years (about as long as I've had the ice pick headaches)

Given the nature of my headaches and the triggers to my headaches... And the length of time I have been experiencing various things do alarm bells ring for anyone else? Any advise would be immensely appreciated.

(If it makes any difference I am 20 years old, normal BMI, no known allergies etc)

Thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: It's a brain tumour, isn't it?

I know you're worried.....I mentioned a pinched nerve yesterday and suggested you try a chiropractor. Today I thought of something else that might cause headaches and tingling/numbness. Look at the TMJ board here, there is a post up top that shows the symptoms of TMJ. Do you have any issues with your jaw/mouth? clicking in the jaw, etc?
I'm determined to help you get to the bottom of this.....I DON'T think it's a brain tumor

Old 04-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

AutumnRose92 HB User

Thankyou again for your input, it is appreciated.
I will take a look in a moment at the TMJ thing... I have heard of it before although I've never really looked into it. I do have problems with my jaw- clicks and sometimes is very stiff.
It really is the pain when moving and the tender spots which make me think it can't be anything like a trapped nerve/TMJ.... Thankyou very much for your help!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

well there you go.....we may have solved it!
if your jaw clicks, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say TMJ......
you can talk to your dentist about it

Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

Autumn Rose 92

When I was in my 20's I went to the doctor for chronic headaches. He diagnosed me with Occipital Neuralgia. I didn't even bring up brain tumor. After diagnosis his exact words were "I bet you thought you had a brain tumor." He had seen the problem many times. Look up Occipital Neuralgia and you will see a lot of the symptoms you describe.

My mother DID have a brain tumor. Her first symptoms were feeling spacey, trouble with walking and very shaky handwriting. She mentioned no headaches at all.

Good luck to you!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
(female)

AutumnRose92 HB User

Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
(male)

tampaboy57 HB User
Smile Re: It's a brain tumour, isn't it?

When I was about 10 years old, My mother noticed that I was having seizures. I was taken to a doctor that said that I had Epilepsy. That was about 40 years ago. In the year 2000 a MRI was showing that there was a slow growing brain tumor that was causing all of those seizures in my life.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
(male)

calvin912 HB User

sounds like TMJ tmj can cause massive migraines and intense nerve pain. since you have been having these headaches and ice picks for about 5 1/2 years i highly doubt its a brain tumor.

Closed Thread

Tags
brain and nervous system, brain cancer, brain tumor