My doctor referred me to a neurologist, but none of the neurologists in my area can see me earlier than July 11th, two weeks away.
In spite of the fact two doctors agree a brain mass is highly suspected for my symptoms, my doctor refuses to order the MRI.
I already had three CT scans last month for below my neck when lymphoma was suspected but ruled out. I do not want another CT scan. But the ER room will only do CT scans, not an MRI. I feel like every day It's a ticking time bomb. Constant ear aches, pains in ransom places, tinnitus, spasms and fatigued arms, my face was numb two days ago. Light-headed on occasion.
I don't want to wait weeks for my MRI. I'm scared and angry.
But if is a tumor then I guess it doesn't matter how soon it is diagnosed. I guess in the end, it doesn't matter. If it is, then that is it. There is nothing to do anyway.
Last edited by Addictress; 06-27-2012 at 10:39 PM.
The headache was a result of hematological gammopathy (blood thickening) from raised igm antibodies, which unfortunately is adding up to a pending diagnosis I have been tracking previously for a non-hodgkins lymphoma.
What did the first biopsy show? Did they take out the node for biopsy or do a needle biopsy? An entire node removed is better if a second biopsy is needed.
Entire lymph node removed (excisional). A second lab is looking at it again right now. Normal architecture, no reed sternberg, however some "transformed lymphocytes." :/ but my doctor said some lymph nodes in lymphoma patients are completely benign, while others are malignant. I only had one node over 1cm, which was the one removed. There are others slowly growing but currently under 1cm. The doctor is hopeful it might not be lymphoma but my tests already ruled out all the common viruses it could be (ebv, mono, aids, thyroiditis, lupus) :/ meanwhile I have nightsweats and rashes so....not a lot of remaining options