It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

riverphx2 HB User
I'm scared I might have a brain tumor at my age.

Hello everyone, can any of you help me out? I am 23yr old female and have been noticeing some strange feelings on my left side of my head. It feels like a bruise when I press on the area and when I'm laying down I can feel it and a bit when I'm standing. Let me give you some background info, because I've had similar issues with my head.

So, it began around September 2011. Came home for the weekend, went to the movies and suddenly had this pulling nawing sensation on my left side of head. I immediatly felt sick, wanted to vomit, and pass out. I thought It was a migrain and thought going to sleep would help. The feel was there in the morning and has been.

Saw a nurologist, did some simple tests, and took a CT Scan with and without contrast. The doctor said everything looked fine which was weird because I still felt the weird knot feeling. Doctor said it could of been because my neck and shoulder's were to tense and it was causing that feeling. So, I've dealt with it.

Fast forward July 2012 haven't had much issues still tense, tend to feel nerve sensations in my head but I don't worry much. But last night, July 10th, It started with a headache that turned into a very horrible migrain on the back of my head it was worse when I was lying down. It eventually went away and I thankfully don't have a headache today. But I feel fine, no dizziness, no nausea, no balance problems, no weakness, no confusion, pretty much okay, I just feel that bruise feeling on the back of my head left side.

I don't know if I did something while I was blow drying my hair, or the way I've been sleeping I have no idea. I don't remember bumping my head, in fact I know I didnt I would remember. Could it be a tumor? Could it be just a bruise from something? Or from something else? Should I worry? I can't see a nuerologist my insurance doesn't accept it and my primary doctor is a horrible doctor. Just looking for some help thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: I'm scared I might have a brain tumor at my age.

Well, they did the CT scan less than a year ago. That should have picked up any tumors.

Keep in mind, there are no nerve endings inside your brain. It really could just be from neck muscle tension.

Try stretching your neck muscles morning and night, see if it helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
riverphx2 (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

riverphx2 HB User

Thank you for replying back. I'm hoping it's just muscle tension or maybe its just a bruise from something I did. But I will take your advice and do some stretching in my neck. If it doesn't work I'm gonna have to see a doctor. But I'm hoping just tension thank you.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
(male)

Sensez HB User

I might not be correct but if there is a brain tumor present, sometimes you may smell burning for no reason?

Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

sandycheeks HB User

I had some similar problems last year around the first of the year. I didn't and still don't know what really was wrong. It started out like a tingly feeling for a couple of days then it started getting painful. It was on the back left side of my head. The pain kept getting worse over a week or so to the poing I had a friend take me to the ER where they did a CT scan of my head w/o contrast and it came back normal. I thought for sure they would find something wrong. They said it was probably an effect of sinus pressure? I just didn't believe that. I was just glad that I didn't have a tumor.
I wouldnt worry too much about it being a tumor.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Riverphx2! My sympathies. If that were me I would change the primary care doctor to a 5 star doctor. Monosodium glutamate can give a horrible headache as well as some other food additives or chemicals. Tension can give a headache in a spot where the muscles get tense. I would use my hands to cover the head gently and do circular motions with the fingers very gently to give relief to that type of headache. If it is a blood vessel type headache I might try a cool cloth or ice bag to see if that helps. Of course if the primary care doctor is changed and he then gives permission for the neurologist or even just outright orders a Magnetic Resonance Imaging test then perhaps the goal is still reached of finding out the difficulty. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-12-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: additions made for comfort

Old 12-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #7
(male)

Daniel96 HB User

Hello I am an 18 year old male. I also think I may have a brain tumor. A few months ago I had this sensation in the right side of my head, it felt like blood rushing it was warm and I could hear it. That happened 3 times I believe. Also, I now have a weird feeling in the top right side of my head. Whenever I turn my head I get this feeling. It feels kind of like it's bruised like riverphx2 said. Also does anyone know how I could get a CT scan? I'm not sure what to do. I assume they aren't free and I'm not sure about my insurance and all that stuff. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Reply Reply