It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
(female)

AutumnRose92 HB User
Does this sound like a cause for concern?

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For almost 6 years now I have been experiencing short sharp stabbing pains in my head - they occur at random locations although they most frequently occur on the back left and front right of my head.
More recently- maybe the past year I have also been experiencing near daily 'normal' headaches.
On a couple of occassions I have had excruitiating one sided headaches which I am assuming are migraines.
There seems to be no 'trigger' to these headaches although over the past 6 months or so they seem to occur with sneezing, sudden 'jumpy' movements (which isn't new- used to occur when I was trampolining) and bowel movements.

In addition to these I have had problems with my eyes for the past 3/4 years-I get a feeling of 'fullness'/'pressure'- it is painless but it makes me feel like I need to move my eyes to get rid of it- it causes no problems with my vision. For the past month or so I have also been getting blurriness in my vision but this seems to go if I rub my eyes.

I get occassional tingling sensations in random locations- commonly just under my left eye but it can occur elsewhere, and occassional twitching of my fingers or my eyelids.

I saw a doctor a couple of months ago who didn't seem too concerned- suggested I was possibly dehydrated but I think this is an unlikely cause and I have been drinking alot more since he suggested it and it has made no difference.

Naturally I am very concerned by this and as you can probably gather my main worry is that this is possibly a brain tumour. I know nobody on here can diagnose me but if anyone with a similar experience or just any thoughts on it at all could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
Autumn Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Does this sound like a cause for concern?

You really should have an MRI. The sneezing, jumping and bowel movements all increase intracranial pressure, which is triggering the headaches. Daily headaches are not normal, plus the symptoms seem to be increasing over time. Please see a Dr and ask for an MRI, and if they won't order it, see another one until you get it done. An MRA would be even better as that shows up the vessels in brain for vascular anomalies.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
(female)

ellenm20 HB User

I agree you should have an MRI. Go back to the doctor and get a referral. The Brittish medical set up is different in that you have to go to the doctor in your area. If he/she wont do a referral see someone else in the practice or if all ends fail go to hospital. What you are describing is not the norm and the fact it is getting worse is a definite indication things are not as they should be. Please keep pushing until you get that MRI and see a specalist if possible.

Last edited by ellenm20; 09-19-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

TMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB UserTMJ82 HB User

AutumnRose92
would you mind me asking, how old are you?
Regardless of your age, if this is going on for 6 years I would say, this is unlikely to be a brain tumor. From what I know, neurological symptoms develop and progress much faster in case of actual brain tumor. But I do agree, you should have an MRI just to play it safe.

Reply Reply