It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

charlie3 HB User
important, need to know what to do!

basically over nearly 3 years ive been thinking that i have brain tumour, but i have never done anything about it. sometimes i have gone all dizzy and fell over but i can feel when its going to happen because i start going blind and i panic because i cant see anything, also about 80% of a month i have headaches, when i cough it feels like the back of my head is about to explode ( sounds dramatic) but im being serious, i sometimes go numb like pins an needles of such and im not in a position to get them, i do get neck pain, my attitude has totally changed i now have nothing to do with my family an to be quite honest the real reason i havnt gone doctors yet is because if im going to die i dont want to know about it or if i find out i do have it what would i tell my daughter. please tell me what you think of this! xx

Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
(female)

charlie3 HB User
Re: important, need to know what to do!

oh and also if i go to pick something up i get loads of pressure feeling in the back of my head an a gland in my neck x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
(female)

hillbilli HB User

Why do you assume that if you have a brain tumor you are going to die? Many people have brain tumors that are benign, but even benign ones can cause tons of symptoms.

If you didn't have kids, I'd say it's your own business if you want to stick your head in the sand and likely miss out on your chance to cure this (if it is brain cancer). But since you have a daughter, you should be thinking more about her and how this would effect her.

Even if your daughter is little, what do you think she would say if you told her all this? Would she want you to fight? I'm betting the answer is yes. She has a right to have you on this earth as long as possible. Can you imagine someone having to tell her that you are dying? Because that would be what would happen. With a brain tumor, you won't be able to just hide away and pretend it isn't there. You will eventually lose it, and someone will have you put in the hospital until you die. People with brain tumors become extremely belligerent and even violent towards the end, and they don't even know it.

At the very least, your daughter deserves closure and a chance to say goodbye. If you do have a terminal illness, it will be very hard but you will have to tell your daughter. I have known people who had a parent with a terminal illness, where the parent hid it from the child. Even into adulthood, that child hurt so much not just from losing his mother, but from not having the chance to say goodbye to her. All of this is very painful, but hiding it so you don't have to *see* your daughter's pain is not really an option.

You gonna have to cowboy (or cowgirl) up. And if you are facing the end, remember what Dr. Seuss said: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
(female)

hillbilli HB User

Why do you assume that if you have a brain tumor you are going to die? Many people have brain tumors that are benign, but even benign ones can cause tons of symptoms.

If you didn't have kids, I'd say it's your own business if you want to stick your head in the sand and likely miss out on your chance to cure this (if it is brain cancer). But since you have a daughter, you should be thinking more about her and how this would effect her.

Even if your daughter is little, what do you think she would say if you told her all this? Would she want you to fight? I'm betting the answer is yes. She has a right to have you on this earth as long as possible. Can you imagine someone having to tell her that you are dying? Because that would be what would happen. With a brain tumor, you won't be able to just hide away and pretend it isn't there. You will eventually lose it, and someone will have you put in the hospital until you die. People with brain tumors become extremely belligerent and even violent towards the end, and they don't even know it.

At the very least, your daughter deserves closure and a chance to say goodbye. If you do have a terminal illness, it will be very hard but you will have to tell your daughter. I have known people who had a parent with a terminal illness, where the parent hid it from the child. Even into adulthood, that child hurt so much not just from losing his mother, but from not having the chance to say goodbye to her. All of this is very painful, but hiding it so you don't have to *see* your daughter's pain is not really an option.

You gonna have to cowboy (or cowgirl) up. And if you are facing the end, remember what Dr. Seuss said: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

Reply Reply