HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Brain Tumors (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/)
-   -   Brain tumor removed Whats next? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/brain-tumors/930106-brain-tumor-removed-whats-next.html)

justdeb2012 12-03-2012 06:57 AM

Brain tumor removed Whats next?

10/29/2012 2 days severe headaches no other symptoms. Cat Scan Findings: Brain Tumor my breast cancer metastases,to my brain. Sent me to las vegas, on 11/4/2012 I had brain surgery, they removed 98% of the tumor from my brain. I spent few days in ICU. Went back had post op appt. everything looks good, I feel great.

Next step radiation. Where I live in Arizona, there is only 1 radiation oncologist Dr. First available consult appt is Dec 15. The same goes for other surronding cities. 1 dr.in area and very buzy no sooner appts available. Thats 6 weeks after my surgery, Supposed to start radiation 2 weeks after surgery.

All i can do is wait.... Well Friday night I found a lump on the left side of my neck, you can actually see it sticking out. I'm sure since didnt radiate right away whatever might have been left in brain now is spreading thru my system. so Which Dr, do I call General Dr., Cancer DR.? Surgeon?

Whats next or first?????

Im not sure what im looking for or what my questions are. But Friday was the first time I realized well, Im sure you know,,,

Thanks for listening.

bubblegirl 12-04-2012 06:53 AM

Re: Brain tumor removed Whats next?

If it were me I would call the cancer Dr first- it may be a gland that has come up in your neck?? The cancer Dr may be able to help you move up the queue for the radiation too. :) Best of luck & let us know how you go!

justdeb2012 12-06-2012 06:14 AM

Again thanks for listening

justdeb2012 12-06-2012 06:19 AM

Thanks for the advise you were right about going back to the cancer DR.

I stopped by my cancer dr.'s office , and spoke to one of the nurses. They are gonna order me to have a new Pet scan and an MRI of my neck. and scheduled an appt. for Dec. 20th to go over the results. Regardless of the results nothing can be done about the lump in my neck until I finish radiation treatments on my brain.

Yestarday I had my consult appt. with the radiation doctor. Friday I will be fitted for the mold to start radiation on my brain. 5 days a week for 5 weeks.

Yes he did agree with me that the new lump in my neck is most likely cancer. But nothing can be done untill we finish radiating my brain for 5weeks.

The lump in my neck appeared after just 3 weeks of my brain surgery. With the lump in my neck going untreated for 5 weeks, I'm really concerned about the possabilities of spreading to other places.

The 20th is my Birthday, mabey my present will be good news. :9}

But for now let's get to radiating my brain. I will let you know how those treatments go, and after my appt on the 20th I will report the MRI and PET SCAN results findings to you. Again thanks for listening

bubblegirl 12-06-2012 06:21 AM

Best of luck with the radiation treatment! I'll be thinking of you! ;)

justdeb2012 12-11-2012 11:50 PM

Monday Dec 10 1st radiation treatment scarry but ok. woke up last night and behind ear where tumor was removed felt swollen went back to sleep. woke up This am to take daughter to school now swelled up size of golf ball half hard half squishy. rushed to er did cat scan of brain and also included cat scan of neck where i found new lumps last week.

Brain ok no leak, bleed or drain. gave me swelling medicine. sent me on my way. still undiagnosed, ask general dr ????? 2nd radiation today and they arent the least bit concerned. I'm puzzled at a loss this cant be normal. Guess we'll see what tomarrow brings.

Results of neck just as I expected, 10 new lympy nodes affected, I faxed the cat scans to my cancer dr and to my brain surgeon. Just for FYI, I'm aware I have to finish 5 weeks of radiation before we can address new neck nodes ;0{

Other than the fustration of which Dr, handles which new symptoms. Alot has happened since brain surgery 11-4-12. I still feel great no other symptoms, starting to feel little down from Dr's giving me the run around

one more time thanks for listening

Debi

bubblegirl 12-13-2012 02:07 AM

Well it is good news that you still feel alright! :) Would it be worth phoning your cancer doctor's office to follow up on the cat scan you faxed to him? Ask for him to explain what is going on? You are certainly entitled to this!

Try and relax- I'm sure the worrying isn't helping. Having said that I'm sure I would be demanding some explanations if I were in your shoes & would be worrying too! Best of luck with the rest of the radiation treatment & keep us in the loop. ;)

JustDebisGirl 09-12-2014 12:06 PM

I'm just heartbroken to have to resurrect this thread with the news that I have, I'm aware that Debi has not been active within the last couple of years, but I wanted to let you know that she passed on Tuesday Sept 9, 2014 at 9:56 pm. I'm her daughter, and I want to express my thanks to you Bubblegirl ... for the responses to her questions, they really meant a lot to her, and were a big help after her surgery. For your comfort, please know that she did not suffer, and went home to Jesus surrounded by her family, peacefully. Again, thank you for your support, it really did mean a lot to her.

bubblegirl 09-12-2014 03:37 PM

I am so saddened to read this! Thank you so much for letting me know too as I have been wondering if she was OK. My condolences to you & all the family. :angel: