It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
(male)

websurfur10 HB User
Do I Have a Brain Tumor?

For the past 3 or 4 weeks I've started noticing strange symptoms. First) My vision has been getting blurry. I do wear glasses but have been wearing the same pair for 4 years, and am only now noticing any blurriness. Also I think Im starting to lose some of my peripheral vision, not by a lot but my field of vision seems to be slowly shrinking. I did the test where I covered an eye and moved my finger forward, I couldn't see my finger until it was at least an inch and a half in front of my face from the side. second) Ive been experiencing headaches (I dont have a history of headaches) They are not constant, but are almost always worse in the morning and get better as the day goes on. They are located on the top left side of my head. I do also get randomly through out the day from time to time. I haven't vomited yet but sometimes they do make me feel nauseous every now in then. There have been times that they have when me up from sleep. Third) Seizures, maybe. This happened once, I had fallen asleep, and woke up suddenly with my hand shaking. It only shook for a few seconds after I woke up. I've never had anything like that happen to me, maybe it was a small seizure maybe not.

What do you think? Like I said these have been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks, and seem to be getting a little worse with time. Im not really a headache person, not like these anyways.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User
Re: Do I Have a Brain Tumor?

If you are questioning a brain tumor you really should call your doctor.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
(female)

Maddi123 HB User

I came here wanting to give you an answer, but before I say anything, consult a doctor. I'm no professional

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User

Hi I had a brain tumour removed 2 years ago my symptoms were blocked ear, pain and dizziness. Please don't leave it see a doctor. There are many different types of brain tumours that give different symptoms

Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
(female)

MichelleBer HB User

Hi Gin & Tonic, I currently have blocked ears, swollen sinuses, no pain really but pressure that seems to move around my head (from ears to forehead to nose), I have vertigo symptoms too. I am seeing an ENT who suggested inner testing, balance testing & hearing testing. He thinks my issue is inner ear related but did say tat he next step was an MRI. Just wondering if you also had these tests & if your balance was actually off or if it just felt like it. I am pretty worried at this point. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin and Tonic View Post
Hi I had a brain tumour removed 2 years ago my symptoms were blocked ear, pain and dizziness. Please don't leave it see a doctor. There are many different types of brain tumours that give different symptoms

Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 AM   #6
(female)

Gin and Tonic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleBer View Post
Hi Gin & Tonic, I currently have blocked ears, swollen sinuses, no pain really but pressure that seems to move around my head (from ears to forehead to nose), I have vertigo symptoms too. I am seeing an ENT who suggested inner testing, balance testing & hearing testing. He thinks my issue is inner ear related but did say tat he next step was an MRI. Just wondering if you also had these tests & if your balance was actually off or if it just felt like it. I am pretty worried at this point. Thanks!
Hi Michelle I only had one blocked ear and pain in the same ear and trouble with my balance no trouble with sinus there are loads of reasons for the symptoms you've decribed it doesn't mean you have a tumour. When I initially went to the doctor he did many tests and when nothing could be found he sent me for a MRI scan and it picked up the tumour straightaway. What I would like to say is if you do have a tumour there is so much that can be done. I had my successfully taken out but had to lose my hearing on that side so the surgeon could get to the tumour but that is a small price to pay to get the tumour out. Hope all goes well.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
(female)

Sim175 HB User

Hi all!

I have tinnitus mainly in one ear..headaches on one side and very slight unsteadiness (usually only when feeling anxious) - could this be a brain tumour acoustic neuroma or just anxiety and tinnitus???

Need some reassurance - getting very panicked!!!!

I do have an appointment with an ENT consultant, but that's not till the end of Feb

Reply Reply