It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
(male)

Baseball44 HB User
Teen worried I have brain cancer?

Hi, I am a 17 year old male and the past month I have been having the worst anxiety of my life. I usually never worry about much and never take much seriously, but I am scared to death right now. I went to the doctor twice with head and ear aches and I was prescribed an antibiotic both times. Amoxicillin and Cefdinir. They may have helped some, but I may just be experiencing anxiety. Currently it feels like one or both lymph nodes right under my ears may be enlarged. Also the bone behind my left ear (the mastoid I think) feels warm and swollen. Sometimes the mastoid on the right side will feel the same way. It seems that when the swelling goes down (or so I think it does) I feel normal for a little bit. It really just feels like my brain is in a big fog. I haven't noticed any memory loss, I honestly just sit around and try to remember weird stuff just to check on myself and make sure I'm not forgetting stuff. At times over the past month I was getting really lightheaded and didn't feel like myself, but now I kind of feel that way all of the time, for the last few days. I was experiencing severe jaw pain and painful headaches but for now these symptoms have gone away, I just can't stop worrying. I haven't missed any school, but I am having extreme trouble concentrating as all I can think about are my health issues. I was getting very good grades before all of this happened, but now they are declining as I just don't want to do anything. I also used to always be talking and laughing, but now I am becoming more quiet, just sitting around and thinking. I feel like if I become absorbed in something such as and Xbox game or music my symptoms decline and I begin to feel better. What really freaks me out is I can feel a very small cyst? on the back of my head about even with the top of my ear. I can't tell if its movable or if the skin is just moving back and forth over it. Also I have noticed a small mass that feels fluid filled right above my right ear. Can anybody give me advice before I completely lose it? Thank you,
Matt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
Re: Teen worried I have brain cancer?

If it worries you this much just go to the doc again and tell them all your issues and concerns. I really doubt its cancer, just normal stress from being 17.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
(male)

Baseball44 HB User

What about the swelling and the small masses? Are the cysts normal and is there like a gland of some sort above the ear that swells? And could wisdom teeth have anything to do with that even though they havent broken through yet? Thanks for the comfort though.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

Brain tumors don't present as lumps on the outside of the skull

Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Stress will reak havoc on the body and can cause lumps. Infections can cause lumps as well.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
(female)

janesi87 HB User

I think that you're under pressure. However, to make sure, you have to contact with your doctor

Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
(female)

sperrysxx HB User

Matt, I literally have all the same symptoms and am just as nervous. Let me know if you figure it out!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
(male)

Baseball44 HB User

Sperry's, I still have a lot of jaw pain and brain fog, but the lightheadedness has started to go away. I really still don't feel like myself, but I think it may be my wisdom teeth coming in as I can already feel one coming through. Thanks, let me know, and I hope you feel better!

Old 05-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
(male)

danielr87 HB User

Go and Contact with your Doctor and do regular check up. God bless you....

Old 06-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
(female)

iamlovely HB User

Brain cancer is a very dangerous disease for any age of people.If it is found on teen age then he or she will very worried about this disease.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #11
(male)

danielr87 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlovely View Post
Brain cancer is a very dangerous disease for any age of people.If it is found on teen age then he or she will very worried about this disease.
Not only Brain Cancer every disease is very dangerous. Medications and mental health can make you face any sort of disease.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 AM   #12
(male)

Ben1978 HB User

The majority of people with brain cancer/tumors also have nausea. Furthermore, their most severe headaches are normally felt in the morning when they first wake up and sometimes even fade away as the day goes on. Jaw pain and headaches can be associated with TMJ too. That's what I have. Even that can be brought on by anxiety/stress. Stress and anxiety can cause a handful of physical symptoms and pain because your nerves are over-active. My doctor yesterday told me sometimes just taking a couple days off to completely relax can make all the difference in the world........meaning sleep in, watch TV, play video games, and just "veg out" for couple days in a row may cure all your symptoms. I know it's hard for most of us to do this.......but we all need "sick days" sometimes. I believe what you have is a lot of stress/anxiety, but always make sure the doctors rule out everything else first. Note, they won't refer you for an MRI or Cat Scan unless you have additional symptoms for a brain tumor, which you do not have according to what you wrote. Feel better!

Reply Reply