It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
(male)

Joel671 HB User
Persisting dizziness and head convulsions

Hi everyone. I am a 20 year old male with generally good health. Basically, 3 months ago, I started having my first symptoms of mild dizziness and brain fog. The symptoms were mild but noticeable and I attributed it to stress. However, the dizziness and brain fog got progressively worse until I was barely stumbling through simple and easy tasks every day. Also, I started having feelings of pressure in my head and slight pain behind my eyes and nausea.

Furthermore, 2 weeks ago, I spent many hours in an awkward position similar to planking which required me to lie down on my stomach and hold my neck up. Following that, I started having head convulsions where my neck would seize up and my head would start shaking uncontrollably for a few seconds before stopping.

Apart from the head convulsions, the base of my skull or the top of my neck feels weak and simple tasks such as turning my head or even opening or closing my jaw ellicits an odd sensation that is something between dull pressure and weakness at the back of my neck and a sense that my head would fall.

My current symptoms are: Slight vertigo(room moving up and down), dizziness, slight nausea (vomit once or twice a day), neck convulsions, neck weakness (gets worse with yawning), slight pressure in head, infreuent weakness in limbs.
I am wondering if I could have a brainstem tumour because the area that I am experiencing symptoms in is quite close to the brainstem and because my grandpa just passed away last year from neck cancer so I wonder if it is hereditary.

I plan to have an MRI scan done in 3 weeks time. In the mean time, I will continue to moniter my current health and post any new changes. The symptoms have become such that they are no longer mild and it is literally taking all of my willpower to smile and pretend everything is fine and dandy at work while my head is spinning and spasming. I would be glad to receive any opinions on my condition.

Last edited by Joel671; 01-16-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply