It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Brain Tumors Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
(female)

jenn6214 HB User
Constant headaches for 10 years that are getting worse?

I've had constant headaches for 10 years that have gotten worse. I'm unable to sleep on my right and left sides because I get sharp pains in my head. Also, when I lay down flat I get head pressure and pain on the top of my head, temples, and forehead.
I went to the doctors a few weeks ago because my headaches were really bad, I had facial pins and needles, dizziness every time I looked down, and weakness in my right leg and arm. I thought I had a brain tumour. He did small neurological tests on me, checked my blood pressure, and my blood tests came. Everything was perfect, he told me it was all anxiety. The dizziness and face tingles are gone yet my headaches and sharp head pains still continue.
After the doctors, I felt a lot better. Not as much dizziness or facial tingles. Took about a week after for those to fully go away. I truly do believe I have anxiety, but that isn't the answer to my constant headaches.
My doctor does not want to do an MRI or CT Scan because he says I'm young to be exposed to radiation especially since he sees no signs of a brain tumour.

Opinions please?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
(male)

jverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB Userjverive HB User
Re: Constant headaches for 10 years that are getting worse?

You should be evaluated by a neurologist, including a FULL neurological exam. There are lots of things that could be causing your symptoms, and an imaging study of some sort probably needs to be done. MRIs do not expose you to ANY radiation, and your symptoms certainly seem to me to be worthy of an MRI. Even CT scans don't subject you to that much radiation, and the benefits of a full scan probably far outweigh any real risks. You can bet if your doctor's daughter had your symptoms he would not hesitate to order both scans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn6214 View Post
I've had constant headaches for 10 years that have gotten worse. I'm unable to sleep on my right and left sides because I get sharp pains in my head. Also, when I lay down flat I get head pressure and pain on the top of my head, temples, and forehead.
I went to the doctors a few weeks ago because my headaches were really bad, I had facial pins and needles, dizziness every time I looked down, and weakness in my right leg and arm. I thought I had a brain tumour. He did small neurological tests on me, checked my blood pressure, and my blood tests came. Everything was perfect, he told me it was all anxiety. The dizziness and face tingles are gone yet my headaches and sharp head pains still continue.
After the doctors, I felt a lot better. Not as much dizziness or facial tingles. Took about a week after for those to fully go away. I truly do believe I have anxiety, but that isn't the answer to my constant headaches.
My doctor does not want to do an MRI or CT Scan because he says I'm young to be exposed to radiation especially since he sees no signs of a brain tumour.

Opinions please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

albw HB User

I agree. Get a second opinion. Your doctor is ignoring a problem. MRIs are magnetic, not radiation. You know best when something is wrong with you, and you need to find a doctor who will listen.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
(female)

sheralee HB User

Hi

I totally recommend pushing for a mri. As a sign of pressure could be hydrocephallus which is a cfs build up on the brain. I have the same symptoms and I have a pineal gland cyst

Old 03-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #5
(male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

You should get a neurological exam. Best would be a MRI or CT scan. Suffering from headaches for 10 years is something to be looked at thoroughly . I hope it turns out well.

Reply Reply