It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Breastfeeding Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

2ndtimeround HB User
Orgasms and breast feeding

Hi
I breast fed both my daughters and loved it....a lot. Most women say they enjoy it and makes them feel good. So I always thought it was normal for women to ....hummmm....feel all warm and tingly and even get turned on by it. I actually had orgasms while breast feeding. I felt great!
Now I am feeling like a freak. Someone told me getting turned on, especially to the point of orgasm is sic.
I can't explain it...it is not that I had sex on my mind...and breast feeding did not feel sexual...it just felt so good it turned me on I guess.
How normal is this?
J

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-17-2005 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Surveys are not allowed. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User
Re: Orgasms and breast feeding

I've never breastfed (never given birth), so I'm not speaking from experience. However, I've heard MANY, MANY women say they felt the same as you. I just think fewer women admit feeling good/having orgasms from breastfeeding, because there's a weird phobia about this kind of thing. Look at your friend's response. Chances are if she breastfed, she had similar feelings, but either repressed them or feels guilty about them. You are most definitely NOT sick or anything else. You're perfectly normal :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

rainy_daze HB User

I have also never had children or breast fed. But I have heard this happening to a lot of women. So you're not alone and you're certainly not abnormal!

I imagine this experience is different for all women so maybe you're friend didn't experience this. However, she was probably irked that you would get turned on with your little one and interpreted it badly.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
(female)

AVC HB User

I have a four year old daughter, and when I was pregnant I read that breast feeding could cause orgasms, and that a lot of women felt guilty about it. I think it was because of that, and because things ended badly with her father who I, erm, associated with my nipples!, that I didn't want to try it. In the end I did do it, for the first few days, but it hurt like hell. Perhaps if I'd persevered it would have got better....I guess my point is, good on you for continuing to do it even though it may have weirded you out. I don't think you need to worry about it; it was purely a physical thing that stimulated your nipples. Lots of things could have done it. And besides, what's done is done. Just don't talk about it with your friends if you don't want to; you don't have to justify yourself.

Old 09-18-2005, 05:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lex jude HB User

Breast feeding is a beautiful bond between mother and child and as comforting as it is for you baby, it shoudl be as pleasureable for you as well. It isn't a sexal thing you are feeling, but your body simply responding to the closeness between you and your child.

Please do not let anyone make you feel guilty for this bond being shared with your child. It is them who has the problem and the issues...and perhaps they are the one who should be evaluating themselves, not you.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Looking at it from a purely biological standpoin, I think Mother Nature made it feel good so that women would do it.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:45 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

comeonnow HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndtimeround
Hi
I breast fed both my daughters and loved it....a lot. Most women say they enjoy it and makes them feel good. So I always thought it was normal for women to ....hummmm....feel all warm and tingly and even get turned on by it. I actually had orgasms while breast feeding. I felt great!
Now I am feeling like a freak. Someone told me getting turned on, especially to the point of orgasm is sic.
I can't explain it...it is not that I had sex on my mind...and breast feeding did not feel sexual...it just felt so good it turned me on I guess.
How normal is this?
J
I can't say that I even experienced close to what you were feeling while breast feeding, but that certainly does not make you a freak. Some women really seem to enjoy breast feeding. I can't say that I actually did, and my one aunt told me that she tried breast feeding and absolutely hated the way it felt, so she started feeding formula just like I did, but I did it for other reasons. I'd say you're normal....everyone is different.

Last edited by comeonnow; 09-19-2005 at 03:47 AM.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:17 AM   #8
(female)

2ndtimeround HB User

Hi
Thanks all for your replies. I guess I am just lucky....probably to make up for being Triple AAA training bra size !
I think you are right...mother nature planned it this way so moms will breast feed....and form a strong, loving bond from day one.
J

Old 09-19-2005, 04:53 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiera1595 HB User

I remember saying to my husband when I was nursing, no wonder women like doing this. Something is sucking on your nipples all day, of course it feels good. And no, it wasn't sexual, it was just a natural wonderful thing. Plus it also releases chemicals in the brain that make you kinda happy and a little loopy (especially in the beginning)

A lot of women do feel strange about it. My mom told me that was the reason she didn't breastfeed. Because I was a girl and she thought it would be wierd to feel good having a girl to her breast.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:53 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

If some women can have an orgasm simply from a partner playing with their breasts for sexual arousal and from a partner using their mouth on the breast area, then it would stand to reason that having a baby sucking on the nipple could make you orgasm too. Not that you and the baby are having a sexual moment, but that nipple stimulation purely feels good for a lot of women. Dont feel ashamed or that it's something bad. Besides, when you feel good you are then relaxed and happy and i think that is best for baby too as babies do pick up vibes from mums.

Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

My book says that breat feeding can be sexually fullfilling for a mother whether she knows it or not. It was also saying thats why many women don't feel like having sex.. because the nursing provides sexual gratification. So no you are not sick and there is nothing wrong with you. I had such a rough time with nursing I quite trying after a couple months so I wouldn't know from my personal experience

Closed Thread