It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Breastfeeding Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

Estefani23 HB User
Does breastfeeding make your breast larger or smaller?

Im not sure about this whole breastfeeding thing, im only 17 and going on to 24 weeks pregnant. Im young. I still want the body i had before. Im concerned that if i breastfeed (which is something i really want to experience for myself and the baby) will make my breast sag and little. Im not really even a B cup yet and i really dont want to get smaller. So for the women who have breastfeed before how did it feel? How where your breasts after?
Your answers will help me decide once and for all.

Thanks and Congrats to all those babies on the way!

Old 04-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: Does breastfeeding make your breast larger or smaller?

Hi there! I breastfed for 14 months and I have to say, try it. You won't now unless you try. I had a similar attitude as you do as far as not knowing if it was for me, what it would be like etc. It turned out to be so gratifying and amazing that it was one of my most proudest accomplishments. Now, as far as how it feels, I'm not gonna lie, in the beginning it was a bit uncomfortable, but the pain wore away fast, and before I knew it I never felt a thing again.

My breasts certainly aren't the same, I was a B cup before getting pregnant, a D during pregnancy,a D when nursing and back to a B when I was done nursing. They technically fit in the same bras, but they were kind of empty, not full like they were before. BUT, I would have no idea of knowing if that was due to being pregnant, or nursing. I have friends that NEVER nursed that said their breasts were much different after having the baby, so I'm not sure if nursing only will give you saggy boobs. I consider it worth while, like a battle wound of motherhood. Defintielt don't base your opinions or decisions on what people on a chat room will say, you have to decide for yourself. I suggest trying it at first, if you don't like it, then stop! You may surprise yourself, good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

mjbrandon HB User

Estefani-

I am not sure, as I am 37 weeks pregnant with my first, but I have read that breastfeeding in not actually the cause of sagging. I have read that the sagging is due to your increased breast size after your milk comes in. Apparently your breasts do some stretching, and then have trouble returning to their regular shape and size.

One way to keep your breasts from sagging is to wear a supportive bra (no underwire) even to sleep in. This will keep breasts from sagging after birth.

Like I said, I don't know if it is true or not. I certainly hope so, because I am definitely breast feeding because I know it is whats best for my baby.

Best of luck making your decision!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #4
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User

Everyone's body is different. I breastfeed my son for two years and my breast are just as perky now as they were before I got pregnant. And for the record I was 18 when I got pregnant. Some women who don't breastfeed get saggy breasts and some women who do breastfeed get them as well.
I am a big supporter of breastfeeding and I personally believe that having saggy breasts, small, larged or stretchmarked is totally worth it. I know that I am giving the best to my baby.But I also understand that everyone is different.
The best thing for me is that I am not big chested but I'm not small. When I was breastfeeding my breasts seemed fuller and bigger for my body shape. Afterwards they went back to their normal size but still look really good.

Whatever happens to your breast will probably not be the result from breastfeeding or not, no matter what they are still going to produce milk and if you don't breastfeed the milk will dry up and still possibly make your breasts smaller or larger, same with breastfeeding.

I think and I'm not lecturing, but I think the best decision should be what you feel is the best for your baby. At least give breastfeeding a try, don't cut it out because you are afraid of your breasts changing; that really isn't a good reason.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User

I breastfed both my DS's until they were nearly 1 year old....I was barely a B pre-PG with both and after things were said and done, things returned to normal. I will add this - that I dont think you should choose whether or not to b/f based on what your body will look like afterwards, but rather on how the benefits of the actual act of it will affect your baby. Just my opinion.....but I also agree with the above posters. Everyone is different.....you may find things are the same or better afterwards, or you might see a bit of change, you wont know until you do it.

Good luck!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Closed Thread