It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Breastfeeding Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
(male)

kentuckyredneck HB User
Wife's sex drive went crazy after she stopped breastfeeding

As stated in the title, my wife's sex drive went crazy after she stopped breastfeeding. we are both wondering how to replicate it now. can anyone help.

Here's the situation. After multiple births and long periods of breastfeeding, our fifth child finally weened herself off of breastmilk. this was the first time in close to 12 years my wife wasn't breastfeeding. A week goes by and she has a menstrual cycle. Now about two weeks into the next cycle, she goes absolutely insane with a sex drive. I'd estimate it to go from about 4-6 times a month, usually because of my sex drive, to her actually saying she "needed" it about four times a day. This lasted about a week and in the middle of her next cycle, her drive was just under half of the previous months. now, its back to normal. we are both educated enough to know that there was a hormone imbalance. also, we are VERY committed on our marriage and open with communication between ourselves to our wants and desires.

We would both like to know what hormone her system was inhibiting or overproducing, and whether or not it's somewhat replicatable.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
(female)

tigerlily32 HB User
Re: Wife's sex drive went crazy after she stopped breastfeeding

This happened to me after all 3 of my babies were born..its likely that it is progesterone that the body is producing after the weaning to kick start the cycles again...I would not try to replicate it with hormones..a lil foreplay always does it for me..I have a high sex drive anyways..even when I was pregnant me and my BF were having sex 2-3 times a day right up to 9 months..the key to all of it is making time for each other, even with kiddos...you can't replicate it with hormones..synthetic hormones are designed for birth control..she felt the surge of hormones in her body that triggered her desire..but don't be fooled..the body is ready for pregnancy soon after a birth...its getting ready for anotherlmao...soooooo...just have time for one another..and just experiment..it will all come back in time!:-)..Goodluck!:-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread