It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Question Foot Wound Not Healing

Hi,

Before I go into the more detailed story of the "Longest Wound" (LOL!!)--does anyone on this Board haver knowledge or experience of a wound (this one's on the top of my foot) that won't heal?

Seven weeks ago, I had a dog bite on the top of my left foot. Lot of blood, veins cut, etc. The hospital ER took only two stitches, in case it got infected... and sent me to a plastic surgeon, who, gave the wound a chance to heal from the bottom up. But it didn't heal at all. So....after several weeks, he did a "reconstruction" in the hospital, where he smoothed out the area, pulled a flap of my skin from the edge of the wound to cover the whole thing and stitched it up. But--after about a week, the flap or skin died. Now, he's talking about a skin graft (skin taken from another area.)

Does anyone have any info. about open wounds? If so, please let me know, and I can give you more details about exactly what's been going on! I've been off my feet--on disability leave--for two months now!

Many thanks! (Limping) Lynn

Old 10-09-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Foot Wound Not Healing

I have used Calendula as a remedy to help regenerate tissure growth. It is used by homeopaths and herbalist.
The problem with regular anti-septics like the iodine types are they kill germs but don't generate tissure growth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2004, 08:37 AM   #3
Inactive

Twinlynn HB User
Re: Foot Wound Not Healing

Harry - Thanks so much for your reply. I had a feeling there might be homeopathic help for this! Now I can ask my sister to go to a health store and ask for Calendula.

You are so right about anti-sceptics not promoting tissue growth. In fact, I think Bacitracin made it worse by the end. It didn't let it dry out at all. Coincidentally, in the last 5 days, the wound has finally showed signs of new tissue growth on its own!! The first signs of natural healing in all this time!!!

I really appreciate you getting back to me. Wish I could advise you on your own problem. It sounds painful!

best, Lynn

Last edited by Twinlynn; 10-09-2004 at 08:45 AM.

Closed Thread