It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 02:32 AM   #1

D.L. HB User
Does anyone know how to make this heal faster??-Leg and foot injury

Hey,

I know someone who had injured this area on the back of their leg that kinda goes like into their foot area. I don't really know how to describe this, but it's in that real sensitive part in the back of your leg that is close to your foot. Like, if you've ever gotten hit by the bottom of a shopping cart, you'd know what I mean LOL, that area will cause you instant pain. It kinda causes a reaction like when you hit your funny bone. Well what they said is that, they were sitting in a chair and they jumped up outta the chair real fast and ended up hitting the back of their leg on the bottom part of the chair. I hope u guys get what I mean lol. But their leg became so swollen all the way up to their knee almost. Alot of the swelling went down, but it's still swollen and they can't hardly walk on it, and they said it hurts real bad all the time. It has been like that for 4 months or more they said. Well isn't it kinda weird that it's lasting that long? They've tried soakin it in hot water, cold water, some oils and cremes on it, some aspirins, and it's still not really getting better. What can make this heal faster??

Last edited by D.L.; 12-04-2004 at 02:38 AM.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
(male)

sk11 HB User
Re: Does anyone know how to make this heal faster??-Leg and foot injury

sounds like blood clot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 07:37 PM   #3

D.L. HB User

That's what some other peope were saying and I was kinda thinking. Thanks alot for the help. Do u know how to make it heal faster?

Old 12-06-2004, 07:37 AM   #4
(male)

sk11 HB User

if it is clot in the vein of your leg then you need blood thinner medicine. You need to see docotr for this as it can be life threathening.
If is just blood clot under the skin like ones you get after getting hit(you know like the bump on the forehead after getting hit on the door etc) then it will take very long time for your body to absorb the blood. BUT SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!! Only experienced doc can tell which one is which.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:01 PM   #5

D.L. HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk11
if it is clot in the vein of your leg then you need blood thinner medicine. You need to see docotr for this as it can be life threathening.
If is just blood clot under the skin like ones you get after getting hit(you know like the bump on the forehead after getting hit on the door etc) then it will take very long time for your body to absorb the blood. BUT SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!! Only experienced doc can tell which one is which.

Old 05-28-2005, 11:05 PM   #6

D.L. HB User

Hey,
Sorry to get back to ya'll so late. Well my freinds leg/foot is still real bad. They have went to a couple doctors, and nothing has really helped. They just gave him some medicine like ibuprofen and some other things like that. He even went to a sports doctor. They never did any x-rays. Are they supposed to ask u if u want x-rays? Mannn, his leg is still really bad, it gets real red and swollen when he uses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk11

Old 05-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #7

froggy123 HB User

Why doesn't your friend just ask the doc to do an x-ray, MRI, CT scan? If there is a blood clot or something else serious, then it needs to be taken care of.

Old 05-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #8

D.L. HB User

Yea, well I've been telling him to do that. The only thing is, he doesn't have much money right now and he's not an american citizen. Someone told him that there is a free doctor he can go to. But my friend said he probly wont qualify becuz he's not an american citizen. Is that true??

Old 05-31-2005, 09:16 AM   #9

froggy123 HB User

No clue about him not being an American citizen. I personally think he should try the free doctor, although it most likely isn't an orthopaedic surgeon, most likely a primary doc. If he doesn't have insurance and is low on money, some doctors will allow people to use payment plans, he could ask about that.

Not totally sure what to tell you, but he should definately see a doc and get those diagnostic tests done!

Closed Thread