It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 02:40 AM   #1
(female)

Eva315 HB User
Question strange hard swelling after bruise...??

I bruised my leg pretty bad on the edge of my coffe table about 3 weeks ago now and the coloration went through the normal changes, although slowly. However, now that area on my leg is a big bump and feels really hard to the touch(tougher than muscle normaly is when you press on it, a hard lump), it is also slightly tender to the touch. At first i didnt think anything of it because i had bruised myself, but now its been 3 weeks and im wondering what this could be because it has not gotten smaller. If anyone knows, please let me know and email me at [email]REMOVED[/email].

Eva

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-08-2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
Re: strange hard swelling after bruise...??

Bruising is actuall leakage of blood to the skin surface. This blood often dries under theskin and causes hard areas in time it will be reabsorbed bac and disappear. It can last for a few months to half a year sometimes before completely going away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2006, 06:29 AM   #3
(female)

Eva315 HB User

Does that apply even if the coloration is back to normal?

E

Old 03-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
(female)

bocana HB User

It is a hematoma. I have this after falling down my stairs 3 weeks ago and landed on my rear. Had massive bruising, now mostly healed, but a huge lump has appeared. There is no discoloration to it, but it is HUGE!

Really freaked out and saw a Doc yesterday. Told me it was a hematoma and to watch it carefully if it gets infected. (Gets red or more tender or bigger). He told me to use heat to help dissapate the clotted blood.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
(female)

Eva315 HB User

Thanks so much! your replies are very helpful. I really apreciate it.

Eva

Closed Thread