It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

BlueEyezzMel HB User
Fractured Pubic Bone

In 2004, I was in a pretty bad accident (I was hit my a semi on the drivers side!)...While I was lucky to have my life and get away from any life threatening injuries, I didn't walk away unmarked. I unfortunately had fractured or "buckled" my left pubic bone.

I was lucky enough to not have to go through surgery, but was instructed to go on crutches for a month, not drive, pretty much don't do anything but sit on my butt. Of COURSE, I didn't completely follow directions. I was extremely into working out and decided to continue doing yoga, etc.

A few months later, I thought I would try to get back on the road running again, but started having some serious pains. The x-rays came back ok and I was sent to physical therapy to help work the muscles that had gotten tight around my repairing bone (turns out I was also swinging my left leg out to the side when walking and they had to work that out of me).

The doctor had told me that it might take a year before I really felt GOOD when exercising...That it would take that long before I would go without any pain.

But its been two years. And exercising is STILL agrivating something in that area and sometimes even sitting down for long periods of time make everything start cramping. It's horribly uncomfortable.

I'm also concerned about having children later in the long run and hope this doesn't seriously effect it.

I'm just wondering if MAYBE I should try contacting the doctor again over this....

Life DOES get better eventually....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Fractured Pubic Bone

I would say so. Enough time has passed where if it is going to heal on its own it would have.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Closed Thread