It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
(male)

markyl85 HB User
Burn gone infected

Hello

I burnt my hand on a lighter (not lit) and it looks like its gone infected... it was fine up until i cleaned it with an antiseptic wipe, next day it went a bit yellow... will tell me the best way to treat it?

Last edited by Administrator; 06-16-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Pictures/picture links may not be posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
(female)

GloryGurl HB User
Re: Burn gone infected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyl85
Hello

I burnt my hand on a lighter (not lit) and it looks like its gone infected... it was fine up until i cleaned it with an antiseptic wipe, next day it went a bit yellow... will tell me the best way to treat it?
Hi There, Just because it has gotten a bit yellow doesnt necessarily mean that it is infected. Often while burns are heling they will have that yellow hue to them. Just pay close attention to the color of any drainage that is coming out of it as well as the area of skin around the burn. Should you get an yellow to greenish drainage along with the skin around it very red and very warm to the touch then these would be signs and symptoms of infection.

Be sure to keep the burn clean and free from any kind dirt, you can clean it a couple of times a day with an antiseptic wash, apply an antibiotic ointment and keep it covered and dry with a clean bandage/gauze pad.

During the times you arent going to be active and there is no chance that it will get dirty, ie: watching tv, remove the bandage to let some air get to it. This will help it to dry up and heal.

Also..... always remember..... should you ever get a small burn that blisters, NEVER intentionally break open the blister as the fluid inside will help to heal it.

Good luck and i hope that it is feeling better!
GlorGurl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread