It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

theresa12 HB User
Carpet Burn Healed and Turned Skin black.

At the beggining of May I got carpet burn on my knee. It started healing like regular carpet burns, but then it started to turn black. Now, there isn't a scab anymore and the skin in the area where the burn used to be is black. Can anyone tell me what happened or how to fix it? Thanks for any input. =D

Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Carpet Burn Healed and Turned Skin black.

i know this post was a while ago but just in case you are still dealing with this,i would most definitely see your doc about this and have the injury evaluated.when skin actually turns black it is usually from necrosis(skin death).but other things can also do this or turn the skin to make it appear black.are you absolutely certain that this is not in any way an actual scab of some sort?does the skin appear solid and not infected or soft in any way?notice any smell eminating from it or anything unusual?carpet burns and road rash type of burns heal in a very different way than like a cut would do.they can forma very thin layer of scabbing over the area that does not actually look like any other 'normal' type of scabbing.this is because the layers of skin are actually gone.just how deep was this burn?how does it look now?FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread