It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
(female)

Rhian0604 HB User
when bandageing burns is the bandage supposed to stick to the wound?

when bandageing burns is the bandage supposed to stick to the wound?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: when bandageing burns is the bandage supposed to stick to the wound?

It is not actually "supposed" to but it sometimes just does.i am assuming this sounds like a second degree?how big is the surface area of the burn itself?they do make this really great stuff just for burns.you can usually buy it in most drug stores or your doc would be able to find it for you.i cannot remember the actual name of it but it is basically a 'pad with a gel base stuff on it'?you place this gel side up against the actual burn surface and it helps it to heal and it will not actually stick to the burn/wound itself.it just peels right off of it.i am sorry i cannot remeber the name of this.try asking at your local drug store/pharmacy type store and just ask the pharmacist about it,they would probably know what you are talking about.this stuff really also helps keep the overall pain down too.i wish you luck with this and hope you can find that gel/pad stuff.i have used these pads myself so i really have felt the difference in using them and not using them.they DO help alot with burns or even certain wound healing.let me know how you are doing,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
(female)

Rhian0604 HB User

Feeling much better.Thankyou.The dr has put some stuff on my arm which sounds like what you described.Still sore but much better than it was.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

glad to hear things are much better.sorry i didn't back here sooner.good luck with the healing. FB

Closed Thread