It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 02:05 AM   #1
(male)

velivolus HB User
bump left from broken toe?

I stubbed my toe about 5 months ago, and am pretty sure I broke it: bruising, swelling, terrible pain. I was told there was nothing a doctor can do for a broken toe, and that it would take about 3 months to heal.
Anyway, I believe my toe has pretty much healed. No more sign of a bruise (which lasted for a long time), and now I rarely notice pain there (sometimes it does mysteriously appear for awhile, then stops).
However, the toe has retained a swollen appearance, different from my other toes. And when I run my finger over the toe there is a noticeable bump in the area just before my toenail (which is, I believe, the place I struck it).
I am wondering if this bump still being there after 5 months is anything I need to be concerned about.
Or does a toe which has broken never completely return to its normal condition?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

WarGerbil HB User
Re: bump left from broken toe?

I broke my pinky toe in 2001 and it's never been quite the same. If I bend it just right I still get a twinge of pain. There's not too much you can do with broken toes, unfortunately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
(male)

XLdotX HB User

I broke my right big toe around this same time last year and it has never been the same. I can hardly bend it, it's still *slightly* swollen, and although there isn't really anymore pain it does ache every now and then.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I stubbed my pinky toe years ago, I believe it was broken although I didn't seek medical attention, either. For 1 week, I was limping, for 5 weeks, it was sore, for several years I could feel a... bump, or thickening, in the bone, but it's gone now.

Of course, I was only 13 at the time, and bones heal easier in kids.

I think any broken bone will leave a bone scar.

Closed Thread