It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
(male)

mmxbreaks1 HB User
Burnt foot - are my doctors doing the right thing?

Good evening,

I spilt boiling water on my right foot on Monday. I washed it under cold water for about 5 minutes whilst on the phone to the health service. I went in to see a nurse, who cleaned the area and applied dry gauze.

I went back the next day for them to assess and had a bright red burn area with a large blister across the base of the toes (about 3 inch blister). The nurse drained the blister with a syringe to avoid it popping naturally. She then dressed the area with vaseline gauze and bandages and booked me back in three days later.

I go back in tomorrow morning, but my foot feels a little 'warm', and I can't help but think that having a bandage on for three whole days is the wrong thing to do? I thought it would need frequent cleaning and redressing on a daily basis...??

Anyway, I hope that everything's ok, as I'm going on holiday tomorrow and will need to do the dressing myself. If I get an infection then it will totally spoil my time away.

Any suggestions/criticisms of the treatment - what should I enquire about tomorrow? Is there anything specific that I should ask for with my treatment? Additionally should I request a tetanus booster?

Thanks,

Mike

Closed Thread