It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

saba asad HB User
yellow area on burn wound

i burnt both my feet with boiling water 2 weeks ago.it is a 2nd and 3rd degree burn.the doctor cut off the blisters 4 days after the accident.
i was able to walk until 3 days ago.now there is severe pain in one of my legs that started when yellow patches appeared on that foot 3 days ago. i am unable to walk without any support even to the bathroom.
my burn is not dressed but am applying antibacterial creams and taking antibiotics. is my wound infected?is the yellow area pus? please help im in alot of pain.thanks

Old 10-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: yellow area on burn wound

i would most definitely seek out your doc again to just have this all evaluated. usually when you see yellow or green in any type of an open wound situation, it can be highly indicative of some level of real infection going on. how do the actual 3rd degree areas look right now? this is just the deeper type of burn that goes down into more of the fatty layers vs the more surfacey type of most 2nd degree type of burns. just one FYI here about the actual 3rd degree types of burns is that since they do involve those deeper layers,in some cases,depending upon other factors, you may have to actually have that deadened tissue removed(debridement) in order to just keep infection from occuring at all and to help it heal more normally. but like i said,that would depend more upon just where the 3rd is and the surface area of the 3rd vs 2nd degree types of burns. are there burns on the bottoms of your feet or only kind of over the tops of them? either way, you just simply DO NEED to see your doc and have this evaluated so if this is the starting of some type of real infection, they can get you onto the appropriate types of antibiotics as soon as possble. you just do not want to take any chances with infections and burns since this can become a very deep type of infection. i do hope things will heal well for you eventually, but DO get back to your doc asap. please let me know how things go. Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread