It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
(male)

Tylerln HB User
Question In need of help with chronic pain from burn

Hello, i am trying to deal with chronic pain from a burn injury to my right fore arm. The injury took place Jan.6,2008 extreme 2nd degree burn from hot cooking grease. I am outta money and am finding myself in desperation of help. Weither a patient or doctor i would appreiciate any info or ideas.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: In need of help with chronic pain from burn

It's been a long time for you to still have pain from the burn.
How big an area did it cover?

I would suggest two things that might help, one will help for a longer time, one will help for the moment.

I would recommend Advanced Neuromuscular massage and
lavender oil (use it sparingly also it can be deluted with water)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

MRK2489 HB User
Wink Re: In need of help with chronic pain from burn

Hi!

I am so sorry that you were burned. I know the pain !!!
Two years ago, I suffered 3rd degree burns over 85% of my left leg, from hot oil. I spent 6 weeks in ICU, had skin grafting. But now I am terrific!
In the hospital they used Eucerin cream to cover the burned area. Eucerin is very thick and doesn't soak in well, so cover it with a dressing if needed.
I hope this helps you.

Chris

Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
(male)

Tylerln HB User

thank you. mere words do no justice to my appreciation. i am happy to here you are doing better. take care!

Old 11-16-2009, 02:09 AM   #5
(female)

pamaley HB User

I don't know if it will help the burn by now but The best thing when you do get burned is a LIVE ALOE VERA PLANT. IT's a miracle. IT WILL MAKE THE BURN DISAPPEAR, GO AWAY, GONE, COMPLETELY HEALED IN AN HOUR. GET AN ALOE VERA PLANT.

I have burned myself many times and slowly have confirmed the miracles of the ALOE VERA PLANT. My last burn was on my stomach, never felt anything so painful. And as usual (i don't know why) i was skeptical that the ALOE VERA would not really work this time as it was a bad burn. But i did the usual procedures with burns.

Cut a piece of the plant and placed the whole leaf on the burn (with the gel part on the skin. Left it on for 20 mins and then put a new piece on. After one hour i took the leaf off and there was NO SIGN OF A BURN - i couldn't believe it. i kept on looking at the spot where the burn was, thinking it would reappear, feeling the phantom of the pain, but IT WAS GONE, AND I DO MEAN GONE. Through the years of my burns and using the Aloe Vera plant, I have come up with these observations, they are crucial for the plant to successfully heal the burn.

1. IT has to be the leaf of a live aloe vera plant - processed gels will not work. It has to be alive - this is key to the miracles of this plant, its healing abilities - so essentially the reason a live leaf works the best is because while the leaf is trying to heal itself, it heals the burn as well.

2. TIME IS OF ESSENCE IF THE PLANT IS TO WORK. It needs to be on the burn ASAP, before it blisters.

3. When the plant is first applied, it seems the pain gets 10x worse...but only for a lonnnnng minute, after that the pain subsides and is gone when the burn is gone. AND I DO MEAN THE BURN IS GONE!!!!!! GONE GONE

SPREAD THE WORD, TELL YOUR LOVED ONES TO GET AN ALOE VERA PLANT. IT WILL SAVE SOMEONE FROM UNNECESSARY PAIN, and maybe a life.

I think companies as well as the medical arena, knows about it but will not reveal this secret because of ...money. All those burn centers, it's about money....

Closed Thread