It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
(male)

DTsnow HB User
do i have a bruise rib?

I went to play soccer a few hours ago and i fell down (i slipped sideways) and somehow landed on my bended elbow? my upper left chest got crushed, i couldnt breath for a few seconds. i was scared at first because i couldnt take deep breaths. i continued to play and whenever i was making strong movements like sprinting or taking shots i would get pain on my upper left chest. do i have a bruise rib? my chest is not bruised but the left boob area does look bigger than the right boob. right now i can breathe fine unless i take deep breaths, i feel a very light pain, also when i bend over i feel the pain and when i sneeze or cough... any comments? questions? stupid wet grass!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: do i have a bruise rib?

Sounds like you may have pulled an intercostal muscle, which is a muscle that runs in between the ribs. I have this too. I got it trying to shove a huge plant into the back seat of my car.

It takes a few weeks or more to feel better, so be gentle with yourself!

Sue

Last edited by braveheart226; 06-12-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
(male)

DTsnow HB User

Thank you braveheart226 for your insight. Im still puzzled on my injury. Today is the third day and things seem to be improving. My 2nd day was painful, my left shoulder hurt along with just about all the ribs of my left side. Which i guess is no surpise if you consider i landed on my left shoulder which ended up crushing the upper left chest side. But right now both the shoulder pain and the ribs pain are gone that is why i believe whatever i have is fading away. I still feel the pain when i bend over or sneeze so i still have a few days in recovery i guess. Thank you again

Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
(male)

DTsnow HB User

okay so im not improving or healing as fast as i thought. do i have to stop doing everything i normally do? it seems whenever i lift anything that weights more than 15 pounds the pain comes back (pain when taking deep breaths). could this be a broken rib? I work as a mechanic so lifting stuff is the norm. this sucks. is there any meds i could take to help my condition? aspirin doesnt help much with the pain.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

Sure, it can be a broken rib, and an x-ray will make an easy determination of that.
My Dad actually cracked three ribs last year (fell in the shower) and when the cracks
were identified by x-ray, the doctor said that they don't bind the ribs with a corset-type
bandaging anymore, and that it would heal naturally. It's worth a trip to the doctor to
get yourself x-rayed. Let me know how it went!

Old 06-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
(male)

DTsnow HB User

I never got to go to the Doctor, i hate doctors. I did however stopped going to work. It seems that finally i am getting better. I can sleep on whatever position i desire and i can take deep breaths without any pain. I still get the pain sometimes when stretching or bending over so im not 100% yet. I feel like i'm around 80%. I'm not sure what i have or had but i am glad is nearly over. Thank you braveheart for your coments and concern.

Closed Thread