It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
(female)

xSharronx HB User
Post Scapular injury, a useless doctor, and a desperate need for answers! Please read!!!!

Hello, my name is Shar I'm just turning 24 years old. I am a young, relatively healthy female that does not play sports or engage in rough physical activity of any kind. I am sitting on my computer at what is approaching 4:00am because my doctor has FAILED me and I am DESPARATE for help at this point.

In February of 2010, I was required at my job to lift heavy boxes, some of them overhead. I am 5'4 and weigh 117lbs. I am nearly certain this incident caused my injury. My injury first felt apparent in what seemed to be my chest and back simultaneously as if something sharp was going right through my body (on the right hand side). I also have difficulty taking deep breaths and there is a specific area of my back which is extremely tender. I now understand this location on my body to be the scapular region. There was a sharp, localized pain which occurred from then on and the pain did not always require movement. Lifting my right arm is possible, but not without pain. I have continued to use my arm and shoulder frequently (my job requires it) however, I am constantly in pain whenever I do so. I would rate my daily level of pain at a 6 or 7 without medication. At night when I am trying to sleep the pain reaches a 9 or 10 in severity and I am often kept awake until 6am due to pain and discomfort.

My family doctor of 22 years passed away during this time and I was provided a new, young doctor who lived conveniently in my area. The doctor first saw me in April regarding the issue (I assumed my symptoms were minor and would heal in time up to this point) and the doctor poked her fingers into my back, listened to my lungs and proceeded to ask me a few questions. She believed the pain to be musculature, most likely an inflammation, advised me to get an X-ray then sent me out the door with samples of Celebrex200mg and Tridural 50mg to manage the pain.

I followed up some time later in July (working full-time days and the poorly run doctor's office made getting an appointment extremely difficult). When I saw her she told me my X-ray was perfectly normal, which I expected. I told her the pain felt worse that I didn't want to me be on medication the rest of my life and I wanted to FIX the issue. She told me at this time, that she thought I had a muscular tear (a tear that I repeatedly tore again and again) and that she didn't know why she had me get an X-ray done and not an ultrasound. I explained that this pain was severely interfering with my daily life, my job, and my sleeping habits. She told me the issue would heal on its own (even though I reminded her it had been 6 months); she did not advise time away from work or a doctor's note. She then provided me new forms to get an ultrasound. Due to the difficulty of managing the pain I told her that the Tridural medication seemed to work best for pain management. Out of kindness, she handed me 9 sample boxes of Tridural for the pain, 200mg this time. She did not explain this medication to me AT ALL, advised me to take Tylenol with it and rushed me out the door, forgetting to sign my ultrasound form.

I realize that I am giving more detail than necessary regarding my medical concerns however, as a direct result of this doctor's (what I feel is negligence and lack of education) I became violently ill from the Tridural, had to take 4 days off work, lost 3 lbs in 4 days, and couldn't even hold down water without vomiting. The dosage she handed me was 4X what she gave me before and she did not even mention this to me, she did not explain the narcotic nature of the medication, the possibility for physical and psychological dependence, the possible side effects or interactions with my other medication (which is for anxiety, clonezepam), either. I immediately over dosed (a pharmacist told me this) from the medication because it was 200 mg! Not because I did it intentionally. Consequently I had terrible spells of anxiety and withdrawal as a direct result. My doctor had also encouraged me to take the Tridural with Tylenol, although the box strongly advises against it because it may harm the liver.

BOTTOM LINE: I no longer trust my doctor and I am horrified from what has resulted in trusting her medical opinion which I wait an hour and 45 minutes to hear. I need more than slapshot answers, guesswork and harmful drugs!

Anyone with ANY advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I do not want this doctor receiving the results of my ultrasound but unfortunately there is a massive doctor shortage in my city. It seems in all likelihood to be a rotator cuff tear (which I researched online) but could it be anything else? How to I treat it? Do I need surgery? Or am I stuck on pills forever? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! THANK YOU!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Scapular injury, a useless doctor, and a desperate need for answers! Please read!

do not know if you are still checking this or not, but i just only saw this now.

this DOES sound VERY much like a rotator cuff issue to me as well. what you DO need is a good MRI done and not an ultrasound?? and you seriously NEED to, have to, simply find another doc even if you have to drive a bit further to get to a GOOD one? and i would also report that stupid idiot doc to the AMA for her ineptitude and lack of even checking drug interactions HERSELF since this did NOT go thru any actual pharmacy that would have ALERTED them to ANY potential issues with any interactions or the WRONG dosages simply being handed to you like they were? she seriously has screwed up ALOT and honestly she would scare the hell outta me at the mere thought of even having to see this idiot again.

you just DO deserve to get "proper' medical care here and have this level of real injury IDed as soon as possible? did you mention the injury when it occured to anyone at your workplace? since this does sound like a workmans comp issue esp given the nature of the job you were doing and esp lifting above your head? the most common type of rotator cuff injury is what i also ended up with and thats the tearing of that very top tendon that runs from the base of your neck on over to the top of your shoulder called the supraspinatus? i had ungodly pain from that and few other things that needed some repairs in there too that simply showed up on my MRI.

but DO report this stupid doc and do find another actual real 'doc' and not one kind of "pretending" to be one? she could have killed you by simply not checking out all info having to do with a med being handed out BY HER that she did NOT bother to double check anything or even know about? when any doc just does that, and it bypasses the actual pharmacy, it just IS TOTALLY up to that doc who is giving out the samples to REALLY make certain that any med is simply 'okay'a for any patient to take(the doc becomes solely liable)? obviously she did NOT know anything about it since she told you to take tylenol with it and it IS contraindicated on top of her plain stupidity?

but trust me when i say just having had to have soo many different surgeries and see soo many different docs/surgeons, the one person who held me all together and who coordinated all my ongoing care has been my amazing primary doc. i have a great relationship with him and he also knows my messed up body better than anyone, except for me, lol. but when i ask him for another needed MRI, he will usually tend to agree with me based on the latest symptoms that decide to pop in on me. just having a really great dependable and caring primary you know you can trust to simply do 'right' by you as their patient, to me means everything. if you have to drive out of your city to get to one, trust me here, in the long run, it is soo worth it to go that route. you simply CANNOT continue to see this nightmare in a labcoat anymore. good god what an idiot.

hopefully you CAN find a much better doc than this. and i would report her for being to stupid to practice or at least prescribe meds, geez. but getting that MRI done is what will seriously show the fullest most in depth look at that whole rotator cuff area. good luck with this. marcia

Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
(female)

xSharronx HB User
Re: Scapular injury, a useless doctor, and a desperate need for answers! Please read!

Hey, thank you so much for replying to my post. Just having someone listen feels better!
I have debated several times whether or not to report this doctor. I feel violated and DISGUSTED by her carelessness....and the way her office is run. (Closing the office for 10 days without notifying a single patient is just ONE example) Thank GOD I wasn't in need of a serious prescription that would mean life or death. The Pharmacist told me all my doc's patients couldn't refill their prescriptions! I HATE her. But anyways, I'm glad my symptoms sound familiar to someone. This woman never even mentioned an MRI? My life SUCKS with this constant pain and pill combo.

The shoddy doctor's office has called me regarding my ultrasound results. Apparently, I REALLY need to see the doctor. The radiologist yielded the results so I trust that, but what in the hell kind of treatment is this woman going to give me? OXY?

I have no choice but to hear what she has to say. I ABSOLUTELY am looking for an out-of-town Doctor. I have also mentioned (since the pain began in Feb.) to my boss and co-workers of the injury. I have a serious full-time job and I'm scared I'll lose my hours or put the company in jeopardy because of this whole thing.

What kind of treatments are there for rotator cuff tears?????

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User

First of all, since your injury happened at work - it is a worker's compensation injury and your employer should be sending you to a worker comp doctor. The worker's comp doctor deals with these type of injuries on a daily basis. You need to file a worker's comp claim.

Secondly, you should not only have an MRI but also an EMG study done. Usually, you will be sent to an orthopedic doctor and possibly then sent to a neurologist for treatment.

Rotator cuff tears can often heal on their own, but not if you continue to aggravate the injury by heavy lifting at work. The WC doctor will probably either limit the amount (lbs)and frequency that you can lift objects. He may also restrict you from lifting over your head until you begin to show improvement. If that doesn't work, then sometimes surgery is needed.

It is important to find out what type of injury you have though. Although it could be a rotator cuff tear, you may have an additional injury or something entirely different.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

make darn certain to ob6tain your very OWN copy of the ultrasoud results and any other types of testing here too that you may have? what ANY real 'treatmjent" consists of depends pretty much upon what actually shows up in that MRI. but tears in any tendons usually just do requre at least an arthroscopic approach(very minimally invasive surgery) type of surgery only to reattach ANY real tears BEFORE they become full ones over time like mine did when it simply gave out and snapped in half? they just do continue to tear once one just 'starts"? we simply use our arms/shoulders wayyy too much and in soo many different ways and ROMS that it does not take too much to further an already present tear. you WANT to catch this as early as possible for the best possible outcome sharon.

honestly mari, and i mean no disrespect here at all, but i am wondering exactly where you got the info that most tendon tears actually heal on their own(maybe you are thinking of possible muscle tears(certain types of them anyways) which can heal much better than tendon or ligament since they just also have at least "some" blood supply?)? only becasue esp that very top supraspinatus tendon( the most commonly used and torn BECAUSE of the very heavy tension placed upon it) and the others are under ALOT of constant pull/tension? once a tear actually occurs there, it retracts away from each others ends(usually fraying at those torn ends too) and is usually not even close to each other 'enough" to really stand a chance at attaching to each others ends anymore? depending upon the extent of tearing, once it starts, the ends angle in a certain way(like a sideways 'peelback', even with the smaller ones that will eventually turn into bigger without intervention, just like mine did over time?) so they simply wont ever truely attach themselves in THAT particular posistion and eventually heal on their own? only when they are sutured back together and time, lots of time is taken for that reattachment to even begin to take place will a tendon 'heal/reattach"? and it also has to stay fully imobilized with that stupid sling to keep that normal tension 'off" the healing and sutured areas, mostly since tendons and ligaments(if i recall correctly) do not actually even HAVE their own real blood supply, and muscle just carries very little too? tendons are ONLY made up of a very thickened form of fascia, and not actual normal 'tissue"?

from what my ortho saw in my MRI and then when he went inside my rotator, i had that 'peel away" that had actually been an ongoing little by little tear over many years til it simply snapped right in half one fine morning on me, then retracted back with a large 11 mm gap between both ends only becasue of that tension factor. but he could see how it tore in the whole process over many years(old vs what newer tearing simply looks like to the trained eye, once they actually get inside and see it). this also created a compensatory impact to the tendon directly underneath the supra in that it started to 'try" and do the work of the failing/tearing supra(compensating) that IT TOO had started ITS own level of tearing too? it will create that domino effect right straight down from top tendon thru bottom eventually if that top one is not fixed and any compensatory tendon tearing fixed as well? but everything that gets torn in there simply DOES really need suturing in order to have any real chance of reattaching and properly healing too? if those freakin tendons were just not under a constant form of tension, along with even having any real good blood supply, things would be a bit different, ya know what i mean?

but i do totally agree with you mari that this would most certainly BE a WC issue? the big problem tho comes from when anything AT work was actually even mentioned or told to the supervisor to simply let them know that this just occured or was even an ongoing issue for you too? otherwise, anyone who suffered any real connected to job 'type' of injury outside of the workplace could simply 'say" this happened at work kinda thing? so the more documentation the better any employee is simply fully believed in this crappy type of situation? but looking at what that job that sharon just has and the type of lifting involved alone could make this much easier to eventually be 'classified as a WC related injury?

i am hoping sharon that you have at least mentioned this pain and loss of ROM to anyone at work who could validate its existance and when it all started too(they simply have to fill out a form documenting any statements about this from you to them too?) that just IS what it is going to take to seriously get the employer to take this injury and everything it will need to simply get better more seriously and take the responsibility of it onto the company, instead of YOU?

i WOULD definitely speak with your human resource person at your workplace sharon to see how this should actually be handled tho AND to simply make them fully aware of what has been a very real ongoing issue for you too. this is just going to take alot of paperwork started and any real documentation needed too(if you go the WC route), starting with that badly needed MRI just being done to see whats going on in that rotator cuff and go from there. that one good MRI is what will dictate everything from here on out pretty much for you hon. i do wish you luck with all this crap, but DO get that very badly needed MRI first just to really see for certain finally what IS going on in there. please keep us posted hon, FB

Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User

feelbad,

I'm sorry I couldn't read your entire lengthy response.

To clarify, I get my information from working with the workers comp doctors as I case managed many workers comp injuries. I had many successful outcomes with rotator cuff tears that healed without surgical intervention and returned the worker to a permanent and stationary status. I also had a few poor outcomes from patients who received surgery and then developed complications.

It's not always an option, that's why I suggested that the poster see a WC doctor and file a claim and get the necessary tests (e.g MRI, EMG ) to determine the type of injury which will determine the type of treatment. The injury the poster has really isn't within the realm of the PCP she is seeing now.

I think it's important that we not guess at what type of injury the poster has as it could be entirely different from what we think it might be.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

i totally agree with you about not "guessing' here on anyones possible injuries mari, i was simply agreeing with what the poster stated 'she felt" was the most "likely' reason for what she has going on there? and it WILL take some testing,esp that very crucial MRI to really know for certain just what IS or is not actually going on within that rotator area. this just IS very much in any forum kind of helping people to put bits and pieces of symptomolgy together to try and come up with all 'possibles" in any given situation. this could realistically and based upon just the symptoms only either a rotator injury or possible c spine, but with some level of rotator also involved as well? its just the very specific types of symptoms she is having combined with her workplace duties that would indicate the much higher likelyhood of possible rotator being involved here, thats all.

i really am suprised( and this IS really amazing to me given the research i did after my rotator was IDed and tearing under the one that had snapped too along with my orthos words to me as well)that you have had alot of peoples actual tendon tears really repair all by themselves? just what 'types" of tearing was actually invloved and to what extent? i really just am totally curious here mari and not doubting what you stated at all?

its just what makes up any given tendon(ropes of fascia and not tissue with any real 'substance"?) and not having that blood supply and the pulling/peel away type way the tendons just generally tear, only becasue of the tension that really makes me the most curious as to how these types of tears would heal without surgical intervention and be as strong as they should be too? unless the ends of any given "tear" in our bodies are actually touching each other over an extended period of time, reattachment would be a pretty unlikely thing to take place, ya know what i mean? thats really what i am the most curious about mari, thats all. like i said, i am not saying this is not true or doubting your words, just really interested in what the basic treatment is for healing tendons that are torn without at least some sorm of suturing? its kind of bacsic body physiology and how we heal certain body areas more than anything else.

but i do very very much agree this IS a good WC case and needs to be paid for by her employer and not her, along with getting the best possible docs and therepies needed to fully regain what her job just took from her. and getting that much deeper look into the possible areas of involvement, esp that rotator is simply a really crucial thing in identifying the underlying issue(s). her symptoms just soo totally 'fit' with possible rotator cuff tear that match the symmptoms not only i had personally but man are there soo many people who i just know who also have had rotator cuff tears too out there? its really amazing at how many people simply DO tear the tendons in there and really do not have any real clue til it just goes a bit over the top with pain and the loss of ROMS. i just had no clue as to how truely bad my whole rotator actually was with alot of wear and tear damage and bone spurring was even there til i snapped that tendon, lost immediate ROM in mid pull and had to have my own MRI. the shoulders and joints take such an ongoing daily beating in all of us that anything IS possible to find in there.

i just really am curious as to what levels of real tearing in any tendon have been able to kind of repair themselves mari. i really AM just curious hon, nothing more. what just IS the normal method here for healing the tendons, just slinging that affected side arm or anything more? in all my research and listening to what my ortho who really is a very experienced and knowledgable in shoulder surgeries and knees too(thank god) and just a really caring person actually also told me back when, its almost impossible to reattach any rotator tendon without at least reattaching and cleaning up the frayed ends first? and that just IS where MY confusion actually is mari. thats why i am even asking. anything IS better than doing any surgery and the inherent risks that come along with it ya know? Marcia

Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User

It depends on the extent of the tear as to whether surgery is needed.

I had one employee who refused to consider rotator cuff surgery so, he was put on light duty and given physical therapy and the tear healed. We know the tear healed because the repeat MRI showed it had.

Of course, if a tendon has torn away from it's point of attachment that would require surgical repair. Not all rotator cuff injuries involve tendons.

I had another employee who was only interested in having surgery. He had bilateral rotator cuff tears. He ended up having complications ie; frozen shoulder after surgery and then decided not to have surgery in the other shoulder.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
(female)

xSharronx HB User

Hello, and thank you to everyone who responded to my post.

Here is an update for those who were curious of my outcome.

My ultrasound revealed NO signs of tears. I DO however, have a lot of inflammation and extra fluid in the shoulder/scapular region. After a lengthly struggle with my doctor to get a straight answer, I was finally provided with the term "Bursitis".

Unfortunately, although I now have what I feel is my proper diagnosis, this doctor left me in the private waiting room without a follow-up appointment, a doctor's note for my employer, a prescription, a referral (to a physiotherapist/sports injury clinic etc) as we had discussed, but rather she left me sitting there with nothing. I had to go through her secretaries to get a prescription.

It is my belief that as a direct result of questioning her medical care, she became upset. Her reaction was not professional. She slammed a door and left me without so much as a "good-bye" or "I've done all I can for you." She just left.

The doctor was irate that I was complaining, signed a prescription pad generated from the computer for Naproxen, and I was sent on my way. After looking at the prescription, I noticed my doctor gave me a prescription on another doctor's prescription pad. (one that does not exist as I later discovered).

I am unable to use this prescription obviously, but I have begun the process of reporting this doctor to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.

Her medical negligence/incompitence in combination with terrible professional conduct has pushed me to this point. Wish me luck, I'm up against a doctor!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

so sorry it has taken me soo long in getting back here to both of you.

sharon? have you actually spoken to anyone at your workplace re this injury that actually occured at work( your HR person IS the one to report this to) most likely from thne repetitive motion strain and stress simply placed upon the tendons and joints? that part really just IS crucial in order to even get the workplace to pay for all of your needed and ongoing care and to pay for ANYTHING like your ultrasound too? this just IS their responsibility to do for ANY employee at any workplace. it is needed for YOU to not have to pay any bills for this care and to make darn certain these people also will be paying for ANY future testing and possible surgery that may just be needed depending upon the full extent of injury(s)?

the one KEY sign/symptom of actual bursitis which i had many years ago from doing something over my head for a couple months back then is pain ONLY when like bending your arm in kind of a 'winged" posistion and moving out and away from your body,even a tiny bit did this? that would produce some pretty impactful pain upon just doing that one simple movement? while i could move that arm/shoulder forward like swinging it forward/backwards with absolutely NO actual pain, man, that winged out away from the body movement was horrid. it took alot of advil and moist heat and a sling, about a week or two if i recall right here just to calm that sucker down at all. while you can have some pain while that arm is not moving, when it wings out away, it just hits you like a ton of bricks sharon(just a huge increase of pain there). but that one movement would Dx actual bursitis better than anything else actually. just compare your symptoms and also look up info on that too just so YOU can even begin to know for certain or if this may be the result of more of an overall inflammation from other potential structures too. bursitis is basically a "drying out" within the bursa which normally would contain some level of fluid to simply keep that joint well lubricated at all times? when ever i winged out that arm like that, i would get this really awful kind of 'bone on bone" grinding feeling too?

i just really cannot imagine realistically even how truely much of that whole rotator could even be fully seen given the overall limitations of that US that it just has, vs what an amazing amount of the many overall structures of that whole rotator cuff are would actually show instead? i just really DO feel obtaining that full rotator MRI would potentially show the bigger issues that could just be much more impactful in there. given the mere fact you even have the Dx of bursitis simply shows that whole area is being impacted to some degree or that bursa would not have become inflammed given the way you described your job duties? you also more than likely also have at least a certain level of tendonitis going on as well? t

hey could also very easily include at least that c spine level too with this one MRI referral, just to fully evaluate and see what may also be going on in there as well since all the nerves that eventually innervate the hand all have to also run thru that shoulder/rotator level too? if i recall here, it IS that c5 that would or could be the more involved with your upper shoulder pain and symptoms since it does run down to the elbow level but innervates up around and thru that supraspinatus tendon with its motor muscle tendon innervation and the c 5 dermatome with its sensory innervation in that area too? this would simply take care of actually looking into the MOST common areas that could just reproduce pain and other muscle/tendon symptoms too and just should be ruled out or in as at least part of your overall issues here.

that whole rotator cuff and esp that very top tendon actually takes a ton of ongoing abuse much moreso that any other tendon, ligament or muscle would. its just the way it sits and what it does and how it moves ANYTIME we simply even 'move" our arms pretty much, esp over the head or lifting things that are at time pretty heavy too, along with your ability to actually even perform certain more of the fine motor function with the affected hand/fingers at times too? so that one basic MRI is simply needed too. and considering the idiot doc you have been dealing with thus far, getting into the WC system will help alot in even finding the very best type of doc(good ortho surgeon after you just see what findings actually show up on your MRI)to just see for the level of your ongoing injuries. i just really do think what you have described could realistically be more than likely involving other potential structures within that rotator. and the ONLY way to truely really even fully see/rule in or out all those many crucial structures would be with a good MRI right now.

mari, thanks alot for the info i asked about. what i have actually found with aqnyone who i have either spoken to that i know and alot ofpeople on this board who have posted about their rotator cuff repairs or other structural damage in there that also had torn and needed fixing too, it appears with the majority oif these people that they, and unfortunetly this really seems to happen to males vs females more often than not, thay simply never ever actually followed up with any real badly needed PT for THIS particular surgery? this surgery, out of even my sc spine fusion and then my two knee surgeries where i really did not have any formal PT, but simply at home excercises to do, was like a mandatory thing for me to even BEGIN to actually even get ALL of my needed ROMS back at all? it was just THAT truely impactful on my and that hands on was critical for ROMS to fully return and mostly to keep that inner major joint from feezing up due to not running the full roms over and over again to keep it lubricated and moist enough to stop the adhesions from forming or even worse, actual bone spurring or real fusion occuring with that ball and socket?

but there are also never any guarentees with any surgery done either. its that trade off you really ahve to look at? quality of life vs disabilities and pain too? you have been very informative for me mari,and thanks for that.

sharon, just do what you KNOW you need to and also find a 'good and caring' doc as well? that woman should NOT even BE an actual doc. a bit too inept for any real patients to be getting ANY real treatment from let along having potentially dangerous meds actually rxed for patients without bothering to fully check out what possible complications there could be either? wow, shes a realy winner. good luck hon and do keep us posted. marcia

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
(female)

xSharronx HB User

Thank you for replying and taking the time again, Feelbad.

I live in Canada so fortunately thus far, my health needs have been free and covered by OHIP. The negligent/incompetent doctor has been reported by me and the lengthly investigative process has begun. In the meantime, I have found another doctor who is willing to accept me as a patient in a few weeks (MASSIVE doctor shortage in my area and surrounding cities).

I have done some research on Bursitis and it seems to fit with my symptoms. The onset of my pain was induced by trauma, I lifted EXTREMELY heavy boxes up and over my head because I am as stubborn as a bull and work like a horse. I only weigh a mere 120lbs and I'm 5'4. These boxes were at LEAST 50-60lbs and half the size of refrigerators.

I did not report this or pursue a WC case because I felt that there was no way of "proving" I injured myself at work and in addition, it has now been months since the onset of symptoms. I also was not "required" to lift these boxes in this manner. I just did it because someone had to and I was too impatient to wait for a male co-worker.

Once I feel I am in the care of a REAL doctor, I am PRAYING that a more definitive diagnosis will be provided and proper treatment can begin. As of right now, my employer herself, has restricted my duties as work.

I feel like my arm should be in a sling, I should have anti-inflammatory medication, and I should be healing. As of right now, I take Ibuprofen several times daily because I feel I have no other options at this time until I see another Doctor. I do my best not to use my right arm and I wait. What's killing me is not knowing EXACTLY what is going on in my body. I requested an MRI from my previous doctor and she did not respond....at all. She changed the subject to pills again. I will take the advice you have suggested into action once I see my new doctor. Thanks again,

Sharron

Closed Thread