It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 AM   #1
(male)

maRKus1988 HB User
Stitches then scars then self-esteem (low)

Hi all,

On the 3.3.11, I was walking home with a few mates when a few thugs wanted to mug me for my phone... I didn't give in, and one of them hit me across the head with a bat whilst I wasn't looking. I didn't become unconscious or get a headache, however I did get a superficial laceration that required 5 stitches.

Anyway, it has been almost 3 weeks since the incident and I am a little concerned about the scar. I used to have nice, clear skin but now I have this scar above my eyebrow on the side. I have been putting aloe vera on it for a week now and this is how it looks like (see attachment below). I think the aloe vera has helped but it is still noticeable and I think its affecting my appearance.

Secondly, I am missing a few eyebrows from it - I have noticed a few days after taking the stitches out a piece of eyebrow actually growing from inside the scar but ever since then there hasn't been anymore growing from there. Given that at least one has come out, would that be an indication that I should be expecting more of them to grow? Or are my hair follicles more than likely damaged?

Thirdly, how does my scar look?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance - much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20032011717.jpg (48.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 03-22-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Closed Thread