It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

angelastyles HB User
Foot injury...how to tell how bad?

Yesterday afternoon I twisted my foot/ankle playing baseball with the kiddos. I came down on the outside of my foot. Needing to sit for a sec and getting help up, I was able to walk with limping. A few minutes later, walking to the car, I had to stop when I got a "stop you in your tracks" stabbing pain. Taking it slow and easy for the rest of the evening I assumed I just strain things. I was woke up in the middle of the night with excruitating pain in my entire foot. I have had 3 children, with no drugs, 2 surgeries, and have been told I have a high tolerance to pain. Never have I felt that kind of pain before. Even having my foot laying on the bed made the pain worse. After lots of tossing and turning with the pain just getting worse, and tears setting in, I got my husband to get me advil and some ice. While going through all of that I noticed I started to get fever like chills. I was able to get some what comfortable enought to get back to sleep. I woke again later, covered in sweat. Fever broke, maybe? By morning things were much better, but of course bruised and a little swelling. I am able to walk, but if I step just right the stabbing comes back. I have that feeling like I need my foot to pop in that area. As for bending, it hurts when I bend the foot in or out, not up or down. It also hurts when I stretch out my toes. I can tell it is when I am moving my baby toe. I have also felt faint on and off today. I usually only feel that way when I haven't eaten. I found it strange that the pain set in that way over night while sleeping and later felt better again. My question is how do I know if this is dr worthy? Just wait and see how things go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Foot injury...how to tell how bad?

That kind of intense pain is just not right. If you're in the US, it's evening now. Unless things are much better tomorrow, call your doctor as soon as the office opens.

Is it swollen at all?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

angelastyles HB User

Ok,so you thought that was strange, too?!

It is swollen a bit, but localized to that one area. It's like a tender knot, if that makes any sense. There is one spot that when touched, I can come out of the chair.

I am in the US. Thought I would see how the night goes, and go from there.

Thx for the feedback!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It's possible you have a fracture or ligament tear or something in that spot.

Maybe if you ice before bed and prop up your foot on a pillow tonight, you won't wake up with your foot trying rip itself off again.

Closed Thread