It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
(female)

RRRo HB User
Bad Leg Scrape...

Hi,
Really hoping someone might have a suggestion for me as to what to do. (Please look away if you are squemish as I am not shying away from describing my injury in all its glory!)

I fell off a roof on Sunday night and badly scraped my leg - from thigh to ankle. Since then I have cleaned it out with: salt water, soap & water and hydrogen peroxide, a couple of times each. I have also applied antiseptic and antibiotic ointment. I have not had it covered up to let the air at it. It hasn't bled since the initial accident but basically the area is still wet and a scab is not forming at all over a part of it. The last time I cleaned it was a day and a half ago and then i just rinsed it with salt water and left it to let it dry. I haven't put more ointment on it for a day and a half either. The part that is still noticeably wet is creamy yellow/grey-ish in colour. It almost looks like fat. Drips of plasma clear yellow fluid had been dripping down my leg earlier in the week when the wound was fresher. Now there are only a couple of drips and it is much thicker - this creamy yellow/grey stuff I mentioned.

The leg is swollen and sore to put my full weight on. I have Ibrupofen and have not taken it in a few days. Should I keep taking it? Despite the surface area of the scrape being very large, I don't think it is very deep. And I don't think I have broken any bones. I have bad circulation but no viruses/diabetes/cancer.

Any advice as to what to do now would be gratefully appreciated. I'm not sure if the wet part is infected or if it is just taking a long time because of my bad circulation.
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread