It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Burns & Injuries Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
(male)

booker11 HB User
cut open inside of mouth, how to deal with scarring?

About a week and a half ago I got hit in the face and my tooth cut open the inside of my mouth. The cuts on the upper right lip, just inside the mouth. When it happened I went to the E.R., and after a couple hours of waiting they told me they weren't going to stitch it and let me go. It's now almost completely healed but there's a hard lump under the skin. Its annoying and when my mouth is open the right side of my upper lip looks bigger.

I've tried massaging it a couple times because I heard that was supposed to help. Each time I did it, the lump actually decreased in size by like 50%-70% within 5 minutes (is that normal?) but then over the next couple hours slowly increased back to the original size. Should I keep doing this?

Also, I bought some vitamin E lotion, but I'm hesitant to use it because its the inside of my mouth. The stuff I bought (dermaE Vitamin E UI 12000 cream) is meant as a regular skin lotion. Also, I've heard you can just buy Vitamin E supplement capsules, pop them open, and spread it over the area.

Should I see a doctor? And how much can I expect the scar to decrease and how quickly?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Josey77 HB User
Re: cut open inside of mouth, how to deal with scarring?

Hi
Always check with your doctor, but I wouldn't use a skin creme internally. Something you could try is aloe vera gelly that has been stabilized properly as that can reduce scarring apparently and is good for cuts (just in case you ever do it again!)

I always use that for minor first aid, like cuts and burns. Hope that helps!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-29-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply